Cold water during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Bro i wouldnt bother and it wouldn't be to smart to do that just cause shed be losing air circulation and ventilation. Its just a waste of time imo I bet you wont even see a difference.

The theory is that the plant thinks its dying so it pumps out more resin in a last effort to get pollinated. But its just a theory.

Anyways even if I wouldn't suggest doin that with the bags.

2. [quote name='"chittyAdvice"']
    It's really up to you man. I do 2 ice water flushes, in 2 days. Once a day. Then, I let 'em sit for about 4 days before I chop.[/quote]

Thanks bro. I am gonna try it on some blackwater I have growing.

3. Sounds like an interesting way to increase bag appeal... might try that on a single Twilight Ill have going soon... Im skeptical bout the increased resin bit, but fuck, its worth a shot... thanks for the tips and dialog about this!

4. Increased resin is what you want. You are thinking about that shitty black stuff that gets left behind in pipes that you can evnetually scrape and smoke. It tastes like shit though and i dont like to smoke it.

Increased resin in the plant is a good thing it makes it more potent. Peace

5. I wouldn't even bother. If anything it will increase the temp by maybe a half degree.
    I could be wrong but thats what i think. Also if you do that it will increase the humidity in the air so make sure you keep an eye on your humidity. Peace

6. Im catchin what yer throwin down... I was just sayin Im skeptical about the technique providing more resin production... but the logic sounds good.. totally gonna run a test on some clones... ice bath some... and not the others... just wanna see for the genetics Im running to see if it matters much in that dept... but hey, Im all about bag appeal...

I liken it to eating dinner at a fine restaurant vs dump... if the food isnt presented well, it wont look yummy... so Im all about makin my smoke look as delicious as it can...

Thanks again for the info!

7. Well guys, i didnt have the chance to do either as i was ripped lastnight.. both ladies, GONE! :cry:

8. Death to RIPPERS!!!

9. So it works in hydro systems?

10. I don't grow hydro, but I know people who just toss a couple cubes of ice in to chill the water. Same theory.

11. Huh??? Why would ice increase the temps?

To the person who asked about putting cups of ice in the grow room, you can freeze water bottles and lay them on top of the soil. I've done that because you can go through a shit load of ice with this method if you have a lot of plants.

12. Def going to try this.

13. Hey Mama
    Do you recommend this ice method?
    I never tried it but if so its goodthing
    Thats good enough for me.

14. When do u use the ice cold water? Morning or before bed? Will a hot day render it useless if watered in morning?

15. I’m guessing he already harvested or killed the plant the threads from 2011. I think a better way to get purple is to get a strain that is known to aHow those colors or use AC instead of freezing the roots with ice.

16. I was just asking for my own grow. Whether to water with ice in morning, with the sun coming up, or at night, when it's colder.

17. Oh r u trying to cool the root zone or get purple.

18. Purple

19. I’d say ya got a better chance at purple with weather helping ya if your doin an outdoor grow.