Magic Flight Launch Box vs Iolite

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Blunt, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Thanks for the input. I watched a few vids and read a few reviews after hearing from you and then found one on ebay for $160 all in. I'm hoping it fits the bill. I'll let you know what I think.

2. There is technique involved with the mflb, but not the kind of technique that requires a lifetime of concentration and practice. The kind that you need to operate a toaster or microwave. lol.

Seriously, how hard is it to push the battery in and take a small 5 second hit? After that one, if you want more, do it again. If it ignites, you are keeping it in too long, push in for less time next time.

Like I said, like a toaster.

3. I like my Box, the edibles I make from the already vaped weed always knocks me on my ass.

4. I never said it was difficult, just a hassle. Aside from pushing and pulling there's all the flipping too. Furthermore mflb is NOT as easy to use as a toaster or microwave because with those I can put my item in, adjust the temp, press on and walk away until it's done. I don't have to keep popping the toast up to make sure it's not burnt. Like I said, too much fiddling. When I vape I just want to relax and enjoy myself. I want something that I can just set it and forget it without burning my herb. The iolite was pretty good at this until it died. While I think the mflb is decent, it's just not the style of vape for me. Sorry mflb fans. I'll let you know of my experience with the Solo. I think I'll name mine Han ; >

5. #45 JDSupreme 420, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
    MFLB "Fiddling" becomes second nature after a short time. Trench flipping is an art, and is very soothing IMO. Its really not as much of a hassle as most make it out to be

I can get hits that are just as big as most vapes out there, with the only exception being the SSV or a similar whip.

5 second hits work, but you can take 10sec+ draws as well, and pull huge clouds.

And saying you only get 3-4 hits off a trench is not true. A full trench (approx. 0.1g) will get me AT LEAST 10 good sized hits before the taste turns

6. I used the "fiddling" technique you showed in your video on youtube when i first got my mflb.. it worked well.. but then when i started hitting it "native".. drawing on it like you would a pipe.. just a little slower... results in some big vapor

7. I think it comes down to what style is your personal preference. If you get into a zen sorta thing with the mflb that's great. I just want something I can leave on for 15-20 minutes while enjoying a beverage or two and not have to worry about too much. Some people like to buy cars to tinker with and drive, others just want to drive. I'm in the later camp. Beyond that my only other criticism of the mflb is that even when I follow all the instructions and do it the way people are suggesting the herb still looks very dark (i.e., burnt) when spent. I'm only holding the battery in for about 5-10 seconds at a time.

8. Check this out if you haven't seen it yet...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz68fCk97fM]Keys To Perfect Vaporization - YouTube[/ame]

9. Thanks. I appreciate the input and there are some helpful suggestions on there but if anything it proves my point: too much concentration on technique. Like I said, if you get into it that's cool but I want more control, convenience and simplicity. To me the mflb is sort of half way between a pipe and a vape. It feels more like a pipe experience to me and I've just never been that into pipes, despite the heavy hits you can get from them. I think his tic tac container suggestion is brilliant though, for application into most vapes.

10. BTW, I'll be hanging on to my mflb until I get the solo, to do a quick A/B test. However, if the solo meets or surpasses my expectations I'll be wanting to unload my basically brand new mflb kit. If I'm not allowed to advertise that fact here I'm sorry. I'm not sure what the rules are in that regard but if anyone's interested let me know and we'll work out a deal.

11. I've had the MFLB for about 6 months and at first it was the shit. I got he technique down pat and it gets me blazed. However, it is a hassle to keep the batteries charged and all that. After testing the Iolite a couple times with my homie, I have decided to get my hands on one. It hits better, won't burn, and NO BATTERIES. It doesn't taste like butane at all to me. For now, I gotta go with the Iolite. I just ordered the new one on ebay for $130, so I'll come back in a week with my official verdict.

12. im an asian noob! have you guys heard of the skyda vaporizer? its basically the same thing as the iolite but there is a battery version. i think its made in China! I'd go with that and avoid the butane completely since its hard to get high quality butane and i dont want anti freeze anywhere near my lips. haha

13. Well, I got the solo but, unfortunately, it smells kinda like solder when it's heating. Both smell and taste are imparted to the vape making me kinda dizzy and nauseous, and not the good kind ; > I've contacted Arizer about a replacement and here's what Kevin had to say,

"Thank you for your email. We have received several Solo units from customers who have said there is a smell coming from the unit and after extensive testing we have been unable to notice any smells coming from the units. Nevertheless, if you send us your unit we will gladly repair or replace it for you under the warranty."

Ok, sorry Kevin, I'm glad you're willing to replace it but me and the apparently dozens of people who've experienced this are not imagining it. I've had and used quite a few different vapes in my day and this one has the strongest foreign smells. Are the SS units really less smelly though?

14. I haven't tried the iolite, and I own a MFLB. I love the MFLB and didn't expect it to completely replace the rest of my pieces, but it has. That said, looking at the reviews and seeing what each can do, I'd take the iolite because it looks like it'll produce a large quantity of vapor quickly and in a regular manner.

15. I own several Iolites. They are an amazing invention. I have used just about every vape out ther due to the fact i have asthma and Iolite is were its at. i have not tried the new Wispr Iolite but from what i hear, it is just as great as the original.

16. After some fuck ups from the seller on eBay, I finally got my Iolite today. After smoking a couple bowls of some good homegrown, I am high as a kite. My official review: Iolite kicks MFLB's tiny wooden ass!

17. #57 Mithrandir, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
    I've owned the MFLB for 2 years and recently purchased an iolite from a friend for $100. The iolite produces far bigger clouds than the MFLB and gets me much higher than I was getting with the box. In my personal experience I'd have to recommend the iolite. Great portable vape that really delivers. The flight box takes a very long time with multiple trenches to get me anywhere near a 10.

Edit: I know stealth can be a big factor when it comes to portable vapes and in that respect id have to recommend the MFLB. But if you don't need to be stealthy, the iolite>MFLB any day.