health stone glass vs. oil dome

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by indytoker420, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Man those are fresh. Just got turned on to Stokes work in the past month, very unique style.

Oddly enough, I just made up my mind that Chad is someone I want to support after seeing some really positive and genuine posts about life in general.

Same here on being on the fence about sucking in tane (ya know after meticlously attempting to get the tane out of your oil). Will make sure to have both ordered when the time comes.

Thanks for digging this up and shedding some light on the stone.

2. A ceramic soldering iron, or even a glass wand, goes a long way if you don't over-do it on the amount you're vaping/smoking in one go... and if you want the last little bit, then you can resort to your torch to finish it off, after having a nice clean puff. :)

3. Cool man, good info, can't wait to try it out.

4. Dome+Nail all the way!

• Like Like x 1
  5. dude health stone doesnt touch real dabbing(from a nail or curve). i have had all 3 and like the dome and nail the best by far

6. Im gonna have to agree a Glass nail or Quartz is the best to get the full potential of your concentrate. The healthstone has sort of a unwanted taste. I have mine sitting and i still choose my quartz nail over it anyday. Also your not supposed to use a Vector or the Larger torches on the healthstone cause it will break the stone. I dont find myself being as medicated with the healthstone also compared to a nail.

7. I've had my stone for quite some time now and I found that the special taste that the stones tend to put off is only caused because of the slowed heating of the concentrate. Dome&nails are already red by the time you dab so everything is vaporized instantly, while the concentrate in a stone is slowly heated in comparison. I believe that this causes that foul taste by separating the flavors, first the THC, then the oil, then whatever residue the oil leaves at the tail end of the hit which is the most harsh part. Over time the stone starts caking that nasty residue on the underside which leads to tasting that nastiness more often. A clean stone is a happy stone, a fresh stone is better. (*_*)

8. I use my health stone slide a TON, just because its so fast and easy. to avoid that off taste you can get with the hsg, you simply do not hit the oil or stone with the torch flame, keep the tip of the flame like an inch and a half over the oil to vape. just use the heat not the fire.

9. I prefer the health stone. Titanium nails will be irrelevant once health stones become more popular.

10. Double or triple flame windproof lighters and smaller electric heat guns are the best heat sources. When using the lighter,high quality lighter fuel is recommended. Regular candle flame lighters are not recommended and will dramatically decrease the life of an Oil Vapor Stone.

11. It's interesting how split people are on these devices. I use a quartz nail+dome and I've never used a healthstone but I think it would have other effective uses.

Like BadKitty said I'm sure it's good when you've got some sifty hash or kief that you can't just drop on your nail.

If I'm gonna smoke something thats sticky and easy to gob into a dabby ball, I'd like to just touch it to a hot nail and watch it melt, and be guaranteed no excess flavor. (Not saying the healthstone will bring any unwanteds)

If you do have the HS though, I would definitely use a small but powerful lighter to minimize the contact, or maybe an herb iron or something would work.

12. Ive used healthstones, ti nails and domes, and the skillets. In my opinion I would go for the healthstone, its way convienent. Healthstone> Ti Nail & Dome> SKillet.

13. today is the first day ive seen these and recently stopped smoking at night due to not wanting to carry around my sheldon black, just to big even though its a bub and would be sketch if a sketch situation occurred (graveyard). Was looking at the hand vape pipes but not sure if i should drop the 150. Carrieng around wax and that hand pipe would be alot let smellier then my sheldon 6 arm and grinder. Also concealing issues would be alot easier. So overall is it worth it or do u guys feel it waste ur wax. and seeing as im paying 40 a g at the moment im not overally anxious to waste wax, but am comfortable spending the money if its a worth investment!

14. [quote name='"HeyThereHello"']today is the first day ive seen these and recently stopped smoking at night due to not wanting to carry around my sheldon black, just to big even though its a bub and would be sketch if a sketch situation occurred (graveyard). Was looking at the hand vape pipes but not sure if i should drop the 150. Carrieng around wax and that hand pipe would be alot let smellier then my sheldon 6 arm and grinder. Also concealing issues would be alot easier. So overall is it worth it or do u guys feel it waste ur wax. and seeing as im paying 40 a g at the moment im not overally anxious to waste wax, but am comfortable spending the money if its a worth investment![/quote]

I got a hand vape (inner cooler). It's awesome for on the go. Smell is less than bud for sure. Way easier to conceal. Heavy glass that isn't easily broken. I think it's worth the investment.

15. If u had the chance would u stick with ur the 4 chamber intercooler or would u go with the 6 intercooler Sherlock? Really considering pulling the plug and purchasing one from water lab tomorrow

16. [quote name='"twister1616"']If u had the chance would u stick with ur the 4 chamber intercooler or would u go with the 6 intercooler Sherlock? Really considering pulling the plug and purchasing one from water lab tomorrow[/quote]

Those sherlocks are nice. Honestly I can't see the extra 2 diffusers doing much more, I can't feel the hit with my 4 chamber as it is (until I blow out). So really it's just preference. If I had to pick again I'd still probably get the same thing since its just slightly smaller.

17. So Would u reccomend the piece or not really? I dk t want to get it and never use it. I really need something for work is this that piece?

18. What do you currently use? But yes, I recommend it. Other route would be a vaporizer pen. I have the gpen. But the healthstone is a much bigger hit and high. My gpen takes about 10 hits to finish the same size dab

19. need something a bit stealthier yet effective for certain situations, then need it to be something relaxing for when im kicking back in no rush. So all in all what im getting at is, the 150 price tag is it worth it?