Is aluminium safe to smoke out of or not?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by LonelyStonerx, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Some people say it wont get hot enough some say it will. One thing I don't get is people put tin foil on their grills and cook stuff on it all the time, and the tin foil would be getting WAY hotter that way than if you're smoking out of it. And then you'd be eating the stuff. And is it true that even if it does get hot enough, all you might get is Alzheimer's?

Is it safe or not?

2. aluminum will give you alzheimers if you smoke from if often enough, it doesnt have to get as hot as you think to happen, read up a little on the chemistry and you will see.

3. Why is it safe to burn it black when you're cooking with it then?

4. eating shit is a lot easier for your body to process. inhaling it is way worse and we just do it so we get the immediate effect of thc in our bloodstream. but you can eat a lot of stuff that you can NOT inhale. just get a glass pipe or something it's worth not having to smoke out of aluminum... better safe than sorry

5. #5 Storm Crow, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    I just went to PubMed, and typed in "Alzheimer's aluminum"..... First 3.....

Evaluating potential of curcumin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles in aluminium induced behavioural, biochemical and histopathological alterations in mice brain.

Hepatic response to aluminum toxicity: Dyslipidemia and liver diseases.

Memantine prevents aluminum-induced cognitive deficit in rats.

I have stainless steel and cast iron cookware. :D Cooking in foil, or covering foods with it, is OK as long as no acidic foods are involved (tomatoes, lemons, etc). My pipes and such are glass, wood, or clay. :bongin:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  6. is it safe?
    prolly not. but that hasn't stopped me when in a pinch.

7. is it just me or does smoke have a blueish tint when it comes thru aluminum foil?

8. why risk it?

all other smoking techniques are way more pleasent than using tin foil anyway.

9. i haave an aluminum pipe i dont think they would sell it if it was poisonous

10. I'm not too sure about the health factor or not, but I would just say get glass like everyone says. The taste is cleaner and it hits better as well.

I'd invest in something better to hit out of as something home-made is not the best health-wise anyways. :)

11. They also sell aluminum grinders which shred and leave metal shards in your ground weed. Just because it's in the stores doesn't mean it's TRULY safe.

12. Dont smoke out of aluminum. After a while it starts to give off residue. Stainless steel would be a better option to smoke from.

13. Lead pipes are where it's at.

14. nah man it's all about asbestos pipes.

15. Why not just get some glass or make yourself a wooden pipe?

I dont fuck around with any metal pipes/ aluminum. I just don't like the taste.

16. 1220.58 F is the melting point of aluminum. I'm sure if you keep the flame on the foil, it will release harmful vapors.

17. Experiment- take a piece of foil and hold it in a flame for a bit. Let it cool a moment and observe.

Does the foil still look the same?
    Is it a strong as it used to be?
    Does it look like it may have lost some of its substance?
    Where do you think the missing aluminum went?

Granny

• Like Like x 1
  18. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Experiment- take a piece of foil and hold it in a flame for a bit. Let it cool a moment and observe.

Does the foil still look the same?
    Is it a strong as it used to be?
    Does it look like it may have lost some of its substance?
    Where do you think the missing aluminum went?

Granny[/quote]

Yea but theres really no hard proof that the vapor causes alzimers

19. All the scientists say is that people with alzheimer's have a high amount of aluminium in their body, they do not say aluminium is the cause of alzheimer's, and even if it is, you aren't going to get alzheimer's from smoking through aluminium, it doesn't even reach a fraction of its melting point.