Possible NEGATIVE effects of using a Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Rastafari, Sep 14, 2011.

1. The bloke said 1 year of smoking out of a vaporizer. Now 1 year is a big gap. That person could have done a number of things to cause his symptom. So I find it ignorant to immediately assume it's because of a simple vaporizer.

2. I've been vaping it up for years now I've had 3 different vapes and I've been using the volcano for over a year now and if anything my lungs feel like they're in much better shape than they were when I was smoking bowls and blunts everyday....there's too many other factors here to just blame it on the vape...get some good bud and a good vape homie and don't smoke with your sick friends.

3. I think this person ought to be thinking about the disease state building up for 15 years, not what could have suddenly happened over a single year. Come on!

4. Idk if they'll get back to you this thread is just a touch on the older side...

5. What negatives?

They combust instead of burn (less carcinogens, toxins, etc.)

Less smell (if any).

Uses less weed.

Portable.

6. INFECTION is the key word.
    You joint is disposable âž” no bugs build up on it.
    Your vape is something you reuse after putting it in your mouth, and maybe also in someone else's mouth(s).
    So, sanitizing the mouthpiece of your vape is necessary. I must confess I often neglect this procedure, but this topic made me think that sanitizing your vape before each use will possibly help you avoid infection.

Of course I can't be sure that the topic starter's throat problems were the result of some bacteria he or she swallowed from his or her vape; but I just started thinking seriously about sanitizing, so I want to thank him or her for bringing that to my attention.

7. Please stop saying "they combust instead of burn". Combustion and burning are what vaporizers don't do. Some better words would be cook or bake.

8. that's a fabulous medical dissertation dickhead.

🌱

9. In fact, inexperienced users can burn their stuff using a vape. I had that problem when I just started using my MFLB. NOw that I have more experience that problem is gone, but it took a long time learning. That's one of the downsides of MFLB.

10. I apologize for my wording, a properly used and known good vaporizer shouldn't combust your herbs. I thought this was somewhat self explanatory, but anytime you have a manual temp vape there is a chance for combustion such as my lotus or mflb.

11. Yeah, that's one of the reasons I kinda... not dislike MFLB but wish I had something different. Maybe it's time for upgrade.

12. Well I have been smokin for 6 years and have had a bout with sore throat for 2 months.