Ron Paul is a clown

Discussion in 'Politics' started by craigd89, Sep 2, 2011.

1. "... the union wage is an artificial wage, mandated by the government, under the National Labor Relations Board, the whole thing is unconstitutional."

Ron Paul Calls Unions unconstitutional - YouTube!

Yes let's all work for two bucks an hour.

2. obama is a clown! right back at you!

3. OP has no idea what is going on.

Why is the government deciding how much employers pay? Supply and demand can do that all on their own.

4. Thought that this might make the thread a bit more interesting.

[​IMG]

5. If the minimum wage was abolished we'd end up like china, with a ton of cheap workers living in poverty. Does anybody actually think that large corporations would actually pay low level workers a wage that anyone could expect to live on? Nope not at all, the CEOs would just take more money, creating an even wider social gap.

6. And people could choose to work for them or not.

Even if what you said is true, at least all those jobs we send over seas would stay here.

7. Yes, sloth thread.

[​IMG]

8. #11 Sovereign Psyche, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    The best way to benefits is to end regulations that keep small businesses from prospering; this allows them to be competition in the market place for better products, and it allows for a surplus of jobs where they are now competing for your services.

Most of those low-wage jobs are gonna go to high school and college kids anyway.

BTW guys, I understand this is a simple point, but it is a widespread opinion, and you are only living to the name of the thread.

In that spirit,

[​IMG]

9. Obama lies through his teeth and he's just tired and frustrated now.:yay:
    Perry is a gun-toting asshole who tried to outlaw gay sex.
    Bachman is a conspiracy theorist who bases her conspiracy's on untrue info.
    Romney haha Romney
    Palin see what I said for Romney except insert Palin.
    Craigd89- I don't know anything about your campaign.:p

10. If employers can pay their employees less wouldn't the cost of goods and services go down as well, essentially evening out the difference? I'm no economist but it sounds legit to me. :p

11. It should and would, IF there was still any morality in business.
    Now all that is preached/followed is - maximize profits. Even to the point of firing 30,000 workers and then giving the labor savings to the CEO as a bonus. I mean really, WTF? :smoke:

12. Better start learning Chinese :D

13. Well for it to work there would have to be more deregulating then merely abolishing the min wage. If you keep the government out of the private sector entirely supply and demand will work the prices of goods and services out themselves. :smoke: While I'm not an economist my cousin is and he agrees with this.

14. better 2 bucks an hour instead of 0 bucks an hour.

15. I've worked for two bucks an hour and I'm thankful I was able to do that.

It was work for two bucks an hour or not work at all. After I proved I was worth $2.00 I charged $3.00. When I was worth $3.00 I charged $5.00. That's something the minimum wage law prohibits you from doing and it's tyrannical

16. I'm confused here, the minimum wage prohibited you from earning blow the minimum wage isn't that what it was made to do?

17. the minimum wage issue is like ....an artificial evening of the bottom. which is a bit inaccurate. even in the depths of minimum wage land there are workers who are worth more than others. and it doesn't seem fair to the "good" minimum wage workers that they get paid the same as the "bad" minimum wage workers. this is also true of union workers (though to tell you the truth i have gone to work (on time no less) 3 days drunk after a 7 day meth binge and still outproduced any union workers on the job.....gotten raises in that condition too.

im going to sound a bit insensitive here, but in all honesty if all you can earn is minimum wage it is already probably already more that you deserve....if you are over 17 that is. too many americans don't want to work...and many more are, i don't know, afraid to demand what they are worth. if you have skills dont be afraid to demand top dollar for them...and if your boss won't pay then fuck him/her. let him pay to train a new person. and take what you learned and demand more for the next job.

i don't understand why some people stay in a minimum wage waste hole, bitching and whining about needing more money. fortune favors the brave, take a risk...demand a raise from time to time. the open mouth gets fed (you know what i mean), and do you really want to work for some asshole who doesn't value you???