Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does weed stay "good" ??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jankasauras, Aug 31, 2011.

1. #21 sektr, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Keep it in a mason jar in your closet (provided it's dark and cool), shit will be good for years.

I've had a couple quarters in my closet curing for months now, it's only gotten better

2. #22 iSmokePurps, Nov 25, 2013
    [quote name="tk86high" post="19045054" timestamp="1385364561"]No , it is funny ,I have a question for u , how do u store anything u wanna keep good for a long time ?U seal it in a plastic Tupperware , glass container , or plastic bag that r all "air tight" That's all right ? Why would it be any different with weed ?Cos it's not ! U want to store things u keep air and light out basic science , I thought this whole thread was a joke originally ! Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Dude chill the fuck out lolYou don't even know what you're talking about Tupperware and bags aren't air tight.

3. I don't know what type of cheap Tupperware or ziplock bags u r using but mine r all airtight , but cheap people don't know anything about good quality stuff so it's okay ,
    U drive ur Toyota puris , and say its like a BMW 7 I bet too ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #24 iSmokePurps, Nov 25, 2013
    [quote name="tk86high" post="19047378" timestamp="1385410095"]I don't know what type of cheap Tupperware or ziplock bags u r using but mine r all airtight , but cheap people don't know anything about good quality stuff so it's okay ,U drive ur Toyota puris , and say its like a BMW 7 I bet too ;-) Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Oh really? What kind of plastic are your bags made out of? Gas (air) molecules pass slowly through almost every type of plastic because air molecules are smaller than the reciprocating synthetic polymer molecules, not to mention they're molecularly different in regards to hybrid bonds, and this provides an ideal system of equilibria for said molecules to pass. Ever smell weed through a bag? Ever see a balloon deflate without letting air out? This is why mason jars work. Their molecular structure on a microscopic scale is bonded more strongly and glass is generally thicker than plastic also.You need to hook me up with some of these molecularly reinforced polymer storage devices man. I get my current bags from the dollar store. Double seal ftw.TLDR - Ignorant people don't know anything about common sense; if you can smell it through a bag, it's not air tight bro.

5. #25 iSmokePurps, Nov 25, 2013
    Deleted

6. I personal only use glass jars so I honestly couldn't say . But I do have some really good baggies :D

And hey what about them bags u suck all the air out the airtight bags u use to store clothes in the attic ? Will them work for ya ? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. UC Berkley did a study and if you have it in a sealed jar in the dark cool area it'll last 2 years before potency drops. Change any factor and the time drops. You can look it up I did.

8. Lol on the real, bags work pretty good if they're in a freezer or something. And yeah those wouldn't keep the air in, but are practical to use.
    Honestly, glass would be better, but the noticeable difference would be small unless you stored it for a few months.

9. Some guy has a thread or a sticky on here.
    He talks about how he pumps nitrogen or argon as into his canning jars and smokes his bud a decade later with no change.

10. I have a quick question. What if you have a couple of strains, each in its own bag and put all the bags in a mason jar together

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Damn, some people are just hostel!!!!!!

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I smoked 6 or 7 year old weed. Was dry but great

14. Like stated above, mason jar, and a dark place, should keep it safe and tasty when you need it. 

15. It'd be fine to smoke, just maybe a little dry depending on how you stash it. I reccomend Bovoda Humidity Paks. You can buy them online, they're cheap, and they work amazingly!

16. have a little ATF left over, bought it over a year ago and it is still as potent as ever if not more.  some people say weed is like wine and can be aged.  i agree.

17. It might dry out but it shouldn't lose thc, just hurt ur longs a little more maybe

18. until it doesnt get you high

19. this^^^ i make 6 ounces last 2 months usually, then gotta find a hook up for the last month LOL. the last nug is just as good if not better than the first.