why don't atheists ever go after the jews?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lady garbage, Aug 30, 2011.

1. #621 flapflip, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What's yours?

2. No doubt, the statement of a fine upstanding terrorist will be trotted out to "prove" you are wrong.

3. #623 Verdurous, Sep 3, 2011
    His point has been trying to clarify and figure out your point.

4. My point? Oh, okay. It's this:

[​IMG]
    flapflip, on the point of bringing up War from the Quran: Problem?

5. You know what I hate? Getting threatened for not having faith.

Yeah. I just made a circular argument, do something about it :mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. does anyone actually care about flap's personal life? i sure don't.

i think that self-victimization is what the olde tyme trollfaces referred to as a "red herring."

7. This! DEAR GOD, THIS! My dad is a HUGE bigot about islam. I fucking hate it, and he's so intelligent and not a bigot toward anything else. Completely opposed to any mosques being built near ground zero. I don't get it, man. There is absolutely NO correlation to islam and terrorism.

8. #628 Verdurous, Sep 3, 2011
    Considering I have an Islamic friend who hasn't tried to murder me yet, I call bullshit on all assertions that that statement is inaccurate. lol Even if there is a quote in the Quran, it's not like Christians go around stoning gay guys because the Bible says so. There are plenty of other passages in both books promoting enough peace and understanding to out weigh the few violent passages. Both are overall pretty pacifist religions if you don't skip right to the violent stuff.

9. #629 Verdurous, Sep 3, 2011
    I know. It like, come on, a fucking terrorist agency named Al Qaida bombed us, not a peaceful religion that thrives in countries named Peaceland (Pakistan). lol

10. Even if they're Muslims, their religion is not why they attacked us.

11. #631 SmokinJoe420, Sep 3, 2011
    Their terrorist group has strong religious beliefs, does it not?

12. #632 flapflip, Sep 3, 2011
    Ouch, that really hurt :rolleyes:
    Your "bandwagon" approach didn't really go anywhere did it?

I saw a movie awhile back that I think some of you guys might enjoy, it really opened my mind a bit. Its called "Paradise Now"

13. So what if certain Muslims are violent? Doesn't mean they're wrong. If both groups only have faith to back up their assertions then it seems hypocritical for one group to criticize another for any action so long as it's based in faith.

You could argue that violence itself is bad, but if faith in your religious teachings is your main basis then you're back on equal footing with the terrorists. If one argues from a secular or logical viewpoint then one must acknowledge that religion is not necessary for morality and that faith is a bad justification for just about anything.

14. "You should have been aborted =)"

You said that comment due to my opinions, which could be interpreted to as being my beliefs. You insulted me on the sole fact of an opinion and you say your not a discriminative guy? Pffft.

Also, most Atheists don't have a problem with the every day Christian, instead it's the actual establishment and what it stands for.
    I'll give you a few examples to why genreally normal and moral people like myselves should despise Christianity.
    If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB) - Sounds like a fucked up crazy ass guy to me.
    Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him. (James 5:14-15 ASV) - Giving patients of any illness a false hope is just cruel and unusual behavior.

Tldr; Flapflip got buttravaged and God is crazy.

15. Bin Laden claims responsibility for 9/11 - World - CBC News

Their religion is not the reason they attacked us. What part of that statement wasn't clear?

16. Fuck atheists, I'm out :cool:

-flap

17. but you dont group people together :laughing:

18. So derp derp derp generic argument is generic.
    Screw you guys im goin home.

19. I think the nail in the coffin was being called out on saying someone should've been aborted all while screaming about he's a victimized family man.

Wonder how he would've reacted if someone told him his kids should've been aborted?

I don't know any atheists who take it that far, though

20. #640 Postal Blowfish, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    That's a valid point. Crude, obnoxious, hypocritical, and bigoted. These words can describe some of the most vocal defenders of Christianity in this thread. Thankfully, it doesn't describe them all.

OP: Your question was answered with that crude abortion quip, which came as I recall with a nice smiley face. Personally, I feel it's justified enough by the fact that you're a supermajority in our population. There really aren't many other religions to talk about here, and certainly not any that are so aggressive. But, you guys can be really obnoxious.

That really should be all she wrote, but I always doubt it will be.