What to do with $15,000

Discussion in 'General' started by ZihgZag, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ok, underground bunker and firearms...

2. lol wut

3. you won't get 15k if thats what the lawyers are telling you.

lawyers told my mom she'd get nearly 1 million.

she got 50k.

4. your asking a bunch of people who know nothing about money, to help you spend your money. come on, your smarter than that.

learn how to budget, it doesn't sound like you do or else you wouldn't be asking this question. that is the most important factor in becoming financially independent.

i would take 10 percent for personal use, maybe 15-30 percent for investments, and bank the rest of it. you never know when an opportunity to make money will arise. when it does, you want to be prepared.

oh! buy yourself a tool belt, and fill it up. then buy some basic carpenter tools, like a straight edge, and a level. you can make money off of that shit and it will only cost you about 100 bucks

edit:

and i would recommend this book. very much

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising-Americas/dp/1589795474/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314740922&sr=8-1[/ame]

5. We'll see what happens

6. I'd buy some land and get the F outta dodge. maybe get a cheap trailer to live in and build as I go.

7. gold and seeds

8. metals the only thing i would invest in at this point and even then i would be weary the stock market is a very slippery slope now a days. and if you do get 15 i would invest 5gs and just spend the rest carefully. plus how much of that 15 is coming out for your car?

9. a smell proof encasing of your property... thats gonna cost alot more though..
    or donate 95 percent to me.. whichever makes you happy ^^

10. I own my car

Haha I'll pass ;):D

11. Get a new piece duh!

12. What would you recommend?

13. Yeah invest it, put it in the bank til u need it.

Treat urself to a nice cruise or vacation.

I know ur not but don't blow it on weed and shit. 1k should be great for weed maybe even 1.5k

14. does america not have registered retirement saving plans? anyway you can get one through some banks in Canada and your pretty much guaranteed a return and then some, very safe investing

15. #56 GGrass, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
    If I had 15,000 $, I would

1. Buy a membership at the local golf course (6,500 $)
    2. Buy a new set of golf clubs/shoes/bags/etc... (2,500 $)
    3. Keep the rest for spending at the golf course. For example, the caddy fee, the cart fee, tipping the caddies, food and drink at the club house... 5,000 $ should be enough for may be one year... I don't know... since I already bought the membership, I can play for free, but the caddy fee must be paid separately, which is about 10 dollars per round, and you have to tip them 10 bucks afterwards, so I need to spend about 20 $ every round... and I would need to buy water between holes, which will cost me about... 10 dollars per round... so that's 30. 5000 divided by 30 = 166.6

So with 5,000 bucks, I can play 166 rounds of golf, so if I play a round every two days, then I can play for about a year.

--

Edit : I changed my mind about the last 5,000 $.

I'll go to brothels and spend it on whores.

16. if youre thinking long term then put all that into your gold stocks and watch the us economy disapear lol but thats my opinion because to me it doesnt look like the dollar bill is gonna be in power any more. oh but if your goin short term then idk just splurge on anything get some nice glass if your into it or a vape.

17. We have treasury bonds, but the return rate on them are atrocious. Something like 15% return over 5 years, if that. There's much better ways to make money.

Golf is cool but not that cool haha.

18. #59 Euca, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
    You're wanting piece recommendations? Since you have the cash, go big. Cause the opportunity will only present itself a few times. And yes, you will totally still smoke joints cause you're not gonna carry an expensive ass piece on you.

/luke-wilson-and-jop-dewaar-15-arm-bubbler-collab.html

Fuck the Aqua Lab link block, but yeag, I'd buy that just cause its sick and its a Luke Wilson 15 arm, it'll be so smooth.

19. 15k is not much at all I probably would use it on current bills for next 6 months so I wouldent have to worry bout them wile I save my money working. Id probably buy 1 pounds of green a volcano vap and id b set . Probably pay my insurance 1yr ahead or elecric bill or something like that. Plus I don't like gambeling my money. Free or not.