What to do with $15,000

Discussion in 'General' started by ZihgZag, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I got in a car accident awhile back with literally the hottest girl in my highschool. It was her fault, she took a left turn while I was heading straight and I broadsided her.

Long story short I'm in a medical settlement with her insurance company, and my lawyers are expecting around a 15 grand. I have minor scoliosis and it's intensifying my condition.

I'm really good with the stock market, so I'm thinking of taking most of it and putting it in there, some of it in the bank, and maybe keeping $1,000 to go get a medical card, new equipment, and some smoke, among other things I want. :cool:

Anyways, I was gonna ask you all what you think I should do with it, you can use all 15 grand, or recommend what I do with my $1,000.

Thank you for your opinions :smoke:

2. I'm going to bed soon so I'll monitor this until I do, and await other responses in the morning :hippie:

3. Flip it.

But on the real, the stock market may not be the best thing to invest in at the moment, but I'm sure you could find a few stocks that'll do you good.

Sucks bro, my sister just got her settlement, she got in an accident a few months ago with my parents and grandpa.

4. Buy weed, smoke weed, chill.

5. I was thinking about that, but I'm not in the position to become a dealer just yet. Besides I'd rather grow than flip, even if you find a cheap connect he's still making money off of you, and you're losing money. I'd rather grow and have pure profit.

The stocks in my portfolio go up daily, today 17 out of the 20 stocks I watch went up, most of them by 2%+. The other 3 are gold stocks, which go down when the market does good.

Basically I have a portfolio that breaks even or makes a profit on any given day. The market goes down, my gold stocks do well. If it goes up my other stocks do well.

That sucks, what kind of money did she get?

6. Not to mention the market is about to trough, once it does that stocks will be going up for a couple years before another bullshit recession like this one hits again

7. haha thats exactly how much im getting from my wreck. hell yea.

but how bout.....a new car....?

8. I have an eclipse already that I own, so I'm set on that. It's got 86,000 miles, brand new paintjob, looks sexy, and gets 30 miles to the gallon. :D

9. If you put it in the stock market right now you are just as dumb as the hot bitch that took that crazy left turn that you put you in this spot anyways... If you live in Colorado why don't you invest a small amount in growing your own...for personal and for profit. I can only wish my fookin retarded state would accept the kind of policies yours has.

10. definitely invest as much of it as you can. Spending 1k sounds reasonable, but save the rest for as long as possible or you'll regret it in a few years

11. Might want to wait and see how much you'll actually get. Your lawyers expecting 15K doesn't mean you'll get 15K. Is it 15K before or after the lawyers cut?

I have a friend who was ran over by an idiot who lost control of his car and ended up on the sidewalk knocking my homie unconscious. He had a concussion and also some injury to his spine that required 6 months of therapy. At the end, after all the bullshit fees, all he got was around 5 grand.

12. Invest
    Invest
    Invest

But invest wisely....talk to some friends or people who know about that shit.....and they will guide you into multiplying that cash.

:wave:

13. She got 11k total

Well it sounds like you have a well diversified portfolio.

I'd just invest in a nice grow set up. Makes all the difference. Do it right and you'll have pounds bro.

I just invested a lot for my next grow, I plan on doing it pretty big.

14. Not if you know which stocks to put it in. Did you not read what I just said about my portfolio?

My living situation doesn't allow me to grow, but I plan on doing it as soon as it's possible.

Will do ;)

It's most likely going to be at least 10 grand, the insurance company is already talking about settling and it hasn't been a very long time.

My lawyer is one of the best, and I'm pretty young. It's going to have to be a settlement that takes into account the next 60 years (at least) of suffering.

My mom is pretty adept at the stock market, based on the tools she's given me I've put together my said portfolio. My main focus is growing it as much as possible, call it delusions of grandeur but I really want to become wealthy, it's my main goal. And it starts with this settlement.

I'm gonna try to pull off what that dude did in Limitless haha

15. Invest in precious metals instead.

16. That's nothing to sneeze at forsure.

I plan on it, like i said, I just need a place to do it. Maybe I should just drive out to the mountains next to my house and plant some seeds, maybe I'll get some huge outdoor plants if I tend to them.

I have the knowledge to make huge grow profits.

Good luck to you :wave:

17. Yeah I hear silver is going up a lot.

But like I said, the market is about to trough, and when that happens the price of metals will stop rising.

It's kind of a tricky time for sure. I have to predict when that point is and move my money to other more profitable stocks.

18. 5 grand in bank, 3 grand in stocks, 2-5 in bills and 2gs on mmj

19. Hookers and blow it is then.

20. Join a pyramid scheme or make your own