Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety, depression & panic attacks

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by I Wayne, Aug 29, 2011.

1. I'm aware that those meds take a while to build up...i just had severe side effects when I took zoloft and I just dont want to be taking something for the rest of my life.
    I am also going to see a therapist/clinic center place to talk to someone about what's going on and to see if I can work anything out in my head. I have been trying to set a goal or 2 in my life...it just seems hard to do and thats why i feel hopelss and restless.

To the second paragraph: I somewhat understand where your coming from with this...I take it your not from the US but it does cost me $10 any time i see a doctor regardless. And I cant pay a doctor for shit hah =\

2. Hm...are you saying there is a chance marijuana could have triggered something inside me to gain a hereditary issue? I know some of my family members have gone through it and it happened when they were older (they never really smoked), and some had the case when they were kids after then had smoked a ton being young.

3. Looking back, I had bad anxiety when I was in the 9th grade (I',m in my 2nd year of college now). When ever something bothered me, it would bother me for a long time and I couldn't help it. When I first started smoking, I felt got a happy high, then when times pasted I just got a chill high. When I went to college, I started smoking some bomb ass kush and for about a month everything was ok before college I was smoking middies.

Then I started having these anxiety and panic attacks outta know where when I smoked. I thought nothing of it but then I thought the people who I used to smoke with started to trip me out, and when I watched TV high as hell, mostly sports games, I thought to myself like wtf this shit is fake as hell. I realized that it was because I have been smoking heavily everyday.

I stopped for about a month, and when I smoked again, it was still happening. But then I talked to my brother about it, who is also an everyday user, and he told me to just cope with it, so I did. Then everything started to feel normal, when I was high, and i thought about everything being fake, I just tell my self that I'm just high as fuck so just chill out. And I started to act and think normal again.

When my first year was over, I came back home and started to smoke with my old friends. But soon after, it started happening again. I tried to cope with it but this time I felt like I couldn't do anything about it, so I had to stop it all together.

Since I stopped I still get bad anxiety and it hasn't stopped for at least a month now. Since I'm sitting out a semester at my college, I basically cut off all my high school friends just because I feel like they are against me in some type away. Even though they probably aren't, I just can't trust anyone other than my family right now.

But hopefully soon, I will feel better and get my mind back on track :eek:

4. Just gonna throw this out there:

Weed doesn't have to be the cause for anything, for a lot of people it just aggravates a pre-existing condition. Depression is one of those tricky conditions: sometimes it's a chemical imbalance, sometimes it's the persons mood or mindset that causes a chemical imbalance.

I find the more time you spend alone, thinking, the more time you spend being critical and analyzing your life and mistakes, etc. Think of how even if you are just bullshitting around with friends you feel much happier than if you are rocking at some video game alone.

Also, chemical ssri's like anti-depressants do work. When I got out of a 5 year relationship I went on Zoloft for a month or two and I swear if I didn't I would still be depressed. But those kind of drugs alter you every hour of every day so they aren't for a people who have occasional bad thoughts and then feel bad.

They are for people who can't eat or sleep or socialize because their mind is telling them they don't deserve it; they are for people who know they can't get past something without help.

Anti-depressants will do a lot of things to you, the first week is nausea and insomnia.
    The second is light-headedness and a feeling of dreaming every moment you are awake.
    The third week you realize you can think about bad stuff and not get that sinking feeling.
    The fourth week you reach a state of apathy.

You're not happy, but you're not sad, and for the people who need it, just not being depressed is worth the zombification... use the time to get your thoughts in order and strengthen your mind. Then ween yourself off the stuff as soon as you possibly can.

Also when on ssri's your high becomes VERY speedy...

5. I went through the whole sha-bang of pills and severe uncontrollable anxiety/depression and honestly pills are just never the way to go, I had marijuana start sending into horrible trips and panic attacks it really just comes down to the person, I took for them a brief period of time and hated it, now I self-medicate and everything is peachy

6. If therapy, excersize and yoga eventually does not do the trick. I may try smoking again as a last resort, to see if I can cope with it...or go back to my doctor and talk about "medication".
    It's a toss up =\

EDIT: It was repetitive.

7. Exercise and yoga are the shitttt, spending your time in the gym is a great way to blow 3 hours a day and feeling hyped all day after(insanely good mood elevator), also sitting next to the water absorbing good energy is a great way to calm the mind. Ive done yoga since i was 10 highly recommend.

8. When my wife was struggling with similar issues; working out, specifically workouts that include slow, steady movements (e.g. - yoga, pilates, Tai Chi.) helped her A LOT!

She'd wake up in the AM, hit the vape, and then do some Tai Chi (with meditation). Later in the day, a little yoga. It's been very therapeutic!

9. #49 SirBongwalski, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    Yeah that's one thing, though i know my grandma was a hoarder and my mom obsessively shops so it's defiantly possible OCD runs In my family. Though I don't know too much about anxiety disorders and if it's possibly genetic. I do know my brother has aspergers though which can have OCD like symptoms so that's always possible, but I know for a fact my OCD started before I smoked weed it's actually the main reason I started weed and depression probably from my OCD though. Mine could've started anywhere from 6-11 maybe even earlier i know I had a traumatic event happen to me when I was 3-5.

I know this isn't a pyschological forum Lol, but yeah everyones brain works differently even coffee helps with my anxiety as long as it isn't to much. I'd started out and try to get some indica, though sativa helps me think about my problems clearly, and usually my minds racing. I tend to have bad side effects from prescribed If I haven't mentioned that also I like to jog 30 mins a day I also tried karate for a while an enjoyed that, still excise never completely got rid of anxiety for me it helped with depression more for me.

10. #50 I Wayne, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yeah your right this isnt a psychology forum, but my question about if medical will help me turned into talking about my symptoms of why im asking.

i believe everyone has at least a bit of ocd in them. now that you bring up having it at a young age, i now remember i did too. i would always count my steps, if i touched anything with 1 hand i had to with the other and i would play with my fingers constantly. weed def helped though

i also can relate to you about how running/and or walking only help a bit. because as soon as i step off the treadmill my thoughts race. i dont go too too crazy with panic attacks but i do feel them there often

11. if you make it through it, it's worth it :) have faith man

12. im trying to. staying positive is whats making this hard. even though i have a blessed life...i keep trying to think about the good times my friend who passed away and i have had. its honestly what is helping the most :/

13. do you have racing thoughts ?? :confused:

14. #54 zzxq90, Sep 5, 2011
    Damn good advice. I would also like to add that you need to find an inner peace. Some people never find it, and the sooner you find it the easier life and all its twists and turns become just a part of the flow. Good luck bro. And sorry about your loss. I think we all can relate to the pain of losing someone close.

15. Anxiety sucks, acid cured my anxiety. LSD is far more medicinal than marijuana.

16. yeah it's mostly racing thoughts. its like they speed up and my mind turns into a spiral. i've been trying to talk to this therapy clinic for cognitive therapy but they still havent called me back >_>

if it was the first or second time youve ever taken it then its possible i believe that. but any use other than that i dont heh

17. I used to get anxiety attacks all the time. Ever since I started smoking I haven't had any

18. #58 I Wayne, Sep 6, 2011
    have fun once you stop lol. well maybe...its ironic my friend just quit also and he now has panic attacks like me

19. my friend quit a few weeks ago, he said its improved his mood drastically, and its a lot easier to deal with stress. hes never looked more positive.

20. #60 I Wayne, Sep 6, 2011
    damn lucky him. it just effects us all differently