Why is marijuana illegal still?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RAustin, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Prohibition is big business in government and private sector industries that collude to fulfill the drug war's promise:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnMgpkNk58]Chris Rock-Never Scared-Drugs - YouTube[/ame]​

2. It won't be illegal for long, its just to hard to keep in check nature and plants aka weed. So they could try to tax it and control how much each person can get but there is just no way of controlling it, the best thing would be to just decriminalize it like they do in Canada, and its hard for political figures to change views and say they were wrong because no one wants someone who is wrong to run things, it'll just take time my friends

3. That was fucking hilarious!

4. becasue they havent found out how to properly tax and reglate it yet, something the new upcoming generstion will do once they find their way into congress, and bad publicity...

5. Lots of generations have said this you know.

6. by it im referring to weed. weed should be legal, i figured you would know what i meant.

7. ^ I think he wanted a reason or explanation, I think we all could agree it should be legal

8. this guys got it.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZjOf4M3HY]Michigan Medical Marijuana Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

:bongin:

10. o yea i know what you mean now. i think weed should be legal because theres no real reason other than different distribution of wealth. ie pharma companies, prisons, tobacco,alcohol companies would lose money. also some one mentioned anti hemp activists. thats fucked up, they must work for the logging companies.

11. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzMHTSxDVE"]Bill Hicks[/ame]

12. because the war on drugs is a scam, with many subliminal devastating effects on the poor while simutaneously enslaving americans under false and exaggerated pretenses just like the wars in the middle east, and probably anything else called "War on..." in the future.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyuBuT_7I4]American Drug War: The Last White Hope: Pre Release Cut - YouTube[/ame]

13. While I do agree with most of this, I disagree with the bold.
    If they legalized and taxed it, they would make far more money.
    They barely make money from pot arrests. They make big money from coke arrests, heroin arrests (providing they are big time.) Most of the pot arrests are small little ones, unlike major drug kingpins.
    -------------------------
    They don't want you to have freedom, they want to regulate your life as much as possible. Pot has many medical uses, but you can't tax or regulate a plant. If it were fully legal, the pharmaceutical companies would make zilch of it.

It would be "a lot of work," for them to undo the laws. And if they did it, it would show the country on a massive scale that the government was wrong about something as silly, and simple as pot. What else are they wrong about? That's not something they want.

What I really don't understand is why they don't legalize and tax the sale of it. They would make tons of money from it, and it would greatly help to put money into the economy.

14. 7.7
    1.5 billion loss

how and where do they make more money from heroin and coke arrests than marijuana? where do you get your statistics?

did you just wake up? this is corporate america, everything THEY do is about making THEM richer at the cost of the american people who have to deal with the RIDICULOUS tax spending, ridiculous federal reserve and banks running everybodys future, ridiculous foreign policy and intervention, ridiculous education system, ridiculous federal laws, ridiculous drug policy and prostitution, ridiculous health care policies, ridiculous gun laws, patriot act and the domestic surveillance programs with it. and much more, but all these things are controversial, counter productive, ass backwards, not proficient and it's all at the cost of OUR money and OUR recession, but the richest and powerful make the decisions, and we don't have A WORD AT ALL, unless we pursue a career in politics.