Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can Cannabis-infused coconut oil get you high through just topical application?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MJMessiah47, Aug 24, 2011.

1. #21 PsychedelicSam, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    Most definitely, Yamaaha. One of the reasons that I make it is to also use as a lotion. It has properties that remove those ugly brown spots from your hands and arms as well as being anti-viral and anti-fungal. There are reports that it will even get rid of basel cell skin cancer. I know from experience that it removed a bunch of ugly warty things caused by other meds as well as some spots that I'm sure were precancerous. I have already lost part of an ear to it and I'm convinced this is the real deal. You can make it into a lotion by adding some beeswax, soy lecithin, essential fragrant oils, vitamin e as a preservative. The beeswax and lecithin provide a body for the coconut oil, making it creamy instead of greasy. You should be able to find plenty of formulas right here on GrassCity. If not let me know. As to the type of high, if you make a lotion from your coconut oil, then you're going to have a diluted product so the feeling will not be as intense as using it straight. However, the biggest factor will be the strain used and whether the thc has been activated. If you have ingested some oil or smoked some bud, you may get a slight rush. Don't expect the same as a couple of brownies. For me, other than the rushes, it relaxes my muscles and adds a little bonus to my buzz. You might feel more energetic with a sativa and more laid back with an indica. It just all depends. However, I find that the effects are heightened with repeated application.

An update on my current batch: I just experienced one of the most intense stoner brain farts ever. While I was writing the previous paragraph, I let my jar of oil explode in the microwave. I only wanted it in there for 10 seconds to liquefy it but put it for a minute instead and the lid was on and it was plastic. I lost about a third of my oil and I really hope I didn't burn off my thc. That would suck, but I could still make a lotion, I guess.

I'm also making a cannabis honey elixir tonight. I hope i don't screw it up, too. Anyway, that's another thread.

These writings are based on actual experience. A lot of it.

2. I am sorry to hear about your microwave incident. I had a pretty big stoner brain fart a while back that destroyed a batch of brownies...

Now, i am very interested in hearing about this cannabis honey elixir you speak of. Please let us know how that goes!

3. I'm sorry about not having responded sooner but I've had back surgery and been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks and their network wouldn't let me pull up this site. Give me a couple of days to recover and I'll gladly go over the process for you. It's excellent and not hard to make. Also, even with my stoner brain fart, the oil I salvaged has helped me immensely during my recovery and with the doc's full knowledge. Yes, it's a good buzz rubbing on, but with a little beeswax and flavored extract, it makes an excellent pain reliever and muscle relaxer and you'll still get off, not like a smoke but maybe better. If you're already buzzed, rubbing it on will give head rushes, of course depending on strain and other factors. Give me a couple of days to get my bearings again. I have other goodies, too that might surprise you. Ever hear of Phoenix Tears? I have a technique that will give the same effects without having to use Naptha or ether. Later....PsychedelicSam.:smoke:

4. No worries, I hope you get well soon. I am familiar with Phoenix Tears... Cant wait to hear about your recipes!

5. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm probably going to start slowly and go through some of the posts here in order to get my 2 cents worth in and then will start a thread or add to one concerning the honey elixir recipes. It is a proven winner and so is ready for the world and maybe even improvement. My "Phoenix Tears" version is currently in the waiting to test phase. Waiting for my body to get a little stronger. Plus, since I don't cultivate, getting enough of the right quality bud can be slightly expensive. I refuse to make a batch of anything that I can't get enough product for thorough testing by other outside my own little group. Since the "Tears" is said to be extremely potent, I want to do as much as possible to get those properties and more safely, without the use of ether or benzene or naptha petrochemicals used. I have set aside a half oz of high quality hybrid strains with different properties. That half oz should produce about 3-5 grams of excessively thick, potent hash oil that can be used to either smoke or place on lesions or just about anything else you want to do with it. A piece the size of a grain of rice should propel you anywhere you want to go. We'll see. Don't want trim for this one. So as long as I don't smoke it first, I hope to have the essentials of the test completed within the next week or so and will then open it up for the community. But nothing more than my theory until I'm sure. If it works, though, it could open new worlds, especially with the the elixir and a few other irons in the fire. It's exciting times. Later, all.....PsychedilicSam:smoke:

6. I made the Tears a couple of days after getting home from the hospital. Using a rice cooker as shown in his video was nice a quick. I left a post here somewhere stating "what the hell do I do with this stuff. I'm not worthy!" I last smoked real hash oil in the early 70's and ways to smoke it were rather crude. Glass pipe work hadn't started yet, so we would spread it on a paper or smoke off aluminum foil. That oil from those days were the real McCoy because it was made with the same strains as the best hashes-Nepalese Uno, Afgan black Primo, Lebanese blond go you a honey colored oil and Lebanese Red was just beautiful. The "synthetic thc" made it presence known after the real oil caught on so well. I figure they were using wild mid-west ditch weed which was prevalent because they grew hemp throughout the mid west for rope for the war and they couldn't wipe it out. Every fall, we'd take a ride to get our own share. Anyway, the synthetic stuff - called "The One" - i think was when petrochemicals were first used with THC. Alternative Chemistry as king at the time.

Anyway, after I mad my version of Tears, I wrote a post somewhere here asking for help. I had just rubbed up a paper with a little residue from the side and lit it. Lit it, Hell!! That sucker lit me. First hit blasted me to the ozone. So, I sat to analyze it but couldn't because I already had me in it's clutches. About the only thing I was able to contemplate was my navel - maybe. Well, after the second hit, there was no doubt. My navel disappeared and things that hadn't happened to me in 30 years were getting reacquainted rapidly. If you can find that post, you'll see how a 42 year veteran who thought he'd seen everything reacts when he discovers that he hasn't. I was ready to make it when I got out of the hospital, but I had seen and read some things that was giving me pause. So I wasn't sure, but I really like great concentrates even better than smoke. I had smoke but I had ran out of my coconut oil (necessary for pain) and I had finished my elixir too. I didn't want to waste my good bud for the tears without knowing a lot more plus I had only been out of the Hospital a day. So I got this idea from somewhere to make the tears (with Everclear) and then use it to make some elixir fairly easily.

I went ahead at this point because I was up with a fever anyway. I had read that the real Tears is actually too thick for ingestion within the appropriate time frame which actually allows the thc effect. I have had skin cancer and my coconut oil seems to keep that at pay. So what good was Phoenix tears for me. I had a lot of pain, but it a product doesn't fill my head, too, what good is it. Anyway, somehow I got the thing brewed inside with no petrochemicals, but left thinner than than the hexane or other methods. I wish I knew what i did to share with you. It will come back when I'm ready for it again. Since this is a different thread, I'll start or find one where you can follow my exploits and my brews. Is this like a Phoenix Tears link? I'll find it Will have 2 honey elixir recipes, one with tears, coming soon. Since I don't know where I go, you'll have to find me. :smoke:

7. Just made the elixir again but with the tears I made and will post both plus I still have coconut oil stuff. Stay tuned.:smoke:

8. I'll be starting on the easiest recipe for the elixir today. It will take a few days to complete because it is still hard to sit up for long periods and I found out more than once that if you take too long to finish your post, it will disappear. So a little at a time and I'll number chapters. You'll love this stuff and I've been told it will even cut ms pain.Who knows? We'll see. Thanks for your patience.

9. I have heard that their is medical lotion that can get you high for the older people at the dispensaries. I dont suggest doing this though because you might not get high and waist all that good smoke.

10. I never trust something from a dispensary unless it's my dispensary (I don't own one). EVERY time I have bought edibles, lotions or what have you, the quality has always been lacking. Unless you have personal knowledge of the place. A lot of those products that are offered are made from low trimmings and leaf. It still gives some of the effects but loses most of the miraculous ones. Canna Coconut oil is easy to make with a crockpot and you control the quality. If your older friends are looking for something real, have someone they trust make a batch for them. It's wonderful stuff. You can use it in recipes, use as a pain cream, put it in your morning coffee or evening tea. It's great and don't mess with any commercial crap from the dispensaries unless you personally know and approve of the quality of their product. Need help, just ask.:smoke:

11. Shit i got some weed oil made with a mix of olive oil butter and coco *mostly olive oil * i realy regret not buying more coco oil this shit is hard to seperate the water is freezing with the oil or perhaps i just passed out to long with it in the freezer im unthawing it and gona retry but as a result i got a fuck load of oil on my hands and i didnt wanna waste it so i licked off what i could lol *CAT MODE* & i rubed it all over my face and chest

12. Shit i got some weed oil made with a mix of olive oil butter and coco *mostly olive oil * i realy regret not buying more coco oil this shit is hard to seperate the water is freezing with the oil or perhaps i just passed out to long with it in the freezer im unthawing it and gona retry but as a result i got a fuck load of oil on my hands and i didnt wanna waste it so i licked off what i could lol *CAT MODE* & i rubed it all over my face and chest

13. Shit i got some weed oil made with a mix of olive oil butter and coco *mostly olive oil * i realy regret not buying more coco oil this shit is hard to seperate the water is freezing with the oil or perhaps i just passed out to long with it in the freezer im unthawing it and gona retry but as a result i got a fuck load of oil on my hands and i didnt wanna waste it so i licked off what i could lol *CAT MODE* & i rubed it all over my face and chest

14. WTF U WASTE REAL BUD ON EDIBLES? U FUCKING IDIOT WHAT A WASTE IF I WERE UR GROW PARTNER ID SLAP THE *w/E COLOR U ARE OFF YA FACE* SHAME ON U!
    SHAME SHAME SHAME!
    DUDE U USE ANYTHING BUT THE BUD FOR EDIBLES AND HASH THATS WHAT THOES PROCESSESS WERE INVENTED FOR AS TO NOT WASTE THC , OMFS THE WEED GODS ARE FROWNING ON YOU!

15. Watch your mouth and be careful who you call an idiot. Who's really the idiot? You just posted in a six year old thread that's been dead that long, too, and no longer holds any relevance, like you.. dubitatif.gif

16. Sam isn't the only one by far who needs high strength edibles that trim leafs and garbage just won't do for.
    I smash all my high quality buds into dry ice hash and use that for my edible oil.
    At 100-150mg per capsules they are wicked strong and not for the newbee users.
    Many of us no long smoke at all and don't need or want pounds of herb around and convert our entire grow into hash or bud grade edible oil.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bud to Dry Ice Hash-kief

[​IMG]

Decarb the hash

[​IMG]

Hash to oil

[​IMG]

Capsuled.

[​IMG]
    BNW