Anyone with "exotic" pets?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by gashadokuro, Aug 21, 2011.

1. YES. I had mostly reptiles with a good bit of over 20 years keeping. I owned a reptile breeding business. I had a huge collection of venomous over 200 breeders plus non vens and babies as well as lizards, crocs, and other small critters including many Ts and other inverts.

2. I have a green anole named Yoda.

3. Got it shipped from asia, her names panda.
    She can roll over, lay down, beg.
    can climb a pole pretty well.
    Likes to hump things though. a lot.
    did i mention shes a sex slave? :ey:

4. Set the owl free.

5. I have 2 snakes and will be getting more.

6. Looking for a hedgehog.. Bout to name him knuckles lmao

7. roomie has a 6ft Argentina boa constrictor  

8. Awwww, so cute OP I love tarantulas <3 Adorable lil guys.
    I have a hedgehog but they're more along the lines of generic exotics.... LOL.

Why is it stuck in shitty conditions? Is this temporary?

10. very funny........

11. i would love to try penguin someday. Probly a great combination of gamey/fatty

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I got cows and horses and goats and an ostrich hahaha and dogs and cats I want a ferretSent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. I was looking online, you can buy a lion or tiger for about 20 grand

Imagine that shit.

14. I hate to see birds, especially wild birds confined in a cage.  That owl looks miserable....it want's to spread it's wings and fly, not be confined in a small cage where it can't even excersise it's wings.  It's cruel dude....PLEASE let that wild owl fly back into the barn where it belongs.  If it's injured and can't fly....at least get it a decent size cage.  How would you like being in a cell so small you can't even spread YOUR arms out...it would be like being in a coffin.

15. My friend's RA has a really chill iguana.

Its liter box trained

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #36 etraxx, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    I want a big jungle cat, like a leopard. and a bunch of reptiles/amphibians. every year we go to kangaroo island and nearly hit a monitor lizard in the car and every time I just wanna scoop him up and take him home (if it wouldn't claw my face off, that is.)

17. I found a baby black bear in the woods 2 years ago and I've been raising him ever since

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I actually plan on getting a tiger after I get the space for when they get older. And I've actually found cubs under $5000 in TX.

piece of peace

19. ive pondered this. Then came to the conclusion, why?
    'Yeah bruh I got a pet tiger"

You couldn't play with the motherfucker, the pee ruins the extremely large expensive cages fast. Need access to fork life to raise tiger and cage. Find a vet that will take care of tigers. Price of food.
    I don't think the cost is worth the reward.
    If I was rich as fuck, you're damn right id have a pet tiger. But living a standard "normal" life, I don't deserve a tiger.

20. First off, I'm not in it for the cool factor. That's actually got to be the absolute worst reason to own any type of animal. Especially an endangered animal such as a tiger. As for not being able to play with it, you could in the first couple years of its life, however, once they are fully grown and matured tigers are very solitary. So tons of physical interaction would be out of the question. Then with the cages. Nothing belongs in a cage. Enclosures are the way to go. Land is no problem in Texas as land is relatively cheap. The spray is very acidic though so it would still require lots of heavy cleaning but hey, you make sacrifices for the things ya love. A forklift isn't always exactly necessary and even if it is, my buddy owns one. I'd only need to find a vet that isn't a pussy. Lol and the cost of food is definitely going to be the most expensive part but I'm pretty sure I could figure out some way to bring in food. That bridge is a ways away. I don't know about you but there are very few things in this worth more than the satisfaction of being able to own and raise the REAL king of the jungle. In conclusion, I understand where you're coming from but I feel that I'll be suite for those responsibilities someday.

Btw, sorry if this doesn't show as a reply. I'm on the mobile version and I'm pretty new to replying on here.

piece of peace