LST in hydro question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mandark, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Hi all:

I built my own DWC system and it seems to be working out just fine. But like a lot of people, I didn't really plan ahead with this. I had originally intended to ScroG the setup but after thinking about the pros/cons and the space I have, I decided to LST the plants.

My problem is that the plants are in 4" netpots and everything I can find on LST seems to indicate that the 4" pots aren't big enough to do this.

I'm really good with rigging things to work, so I was thinking of cutting up a small piece of plywood or whatever that's 10" diameter, then cutting out a 4" center. Lay that around the netpot, and use screw hooks on that board to tie down the plant. Then if I want to pull the plant out of the DWC, I could lift up the whole plywood and netpot assembly at once. I really wouldn't do this unnecessarily as I have a pump for the res to drain it.

I am looking for feedback on this, Would it be better to just rig wire through the netpots and train the plant around the outside of the pots?