October High Tiimes Medical Cannabis Cup held in DETROIT, MI

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by KB Grower, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I live in nor cal an went to the one in Sf it was off the hook. The fed are coming to Cali an are shutting our shops down to

2. The fist of the DEA is so far up Detroits ass as it is...
    I would never attend a cup in Detroit.

3. i feel your pain. shit sucks, especially cause more californians rely on dispensaries than we did. i heard there's like 1000-1500 dispensaries in california. lots of jobs are gonna be lost too

4. if they didn't fuck with the San Fran or the Denver cup i don't see why Detroit would be any different

5. NO SHIT!
    But do you know how deep the DEA rolls in Detroit?
    They're already posted up deep in Detroit real fucking deep.
    I don't think you understand how deep I'm talkin' about.

6. "SIGH" Man this was lame! Total waste of money in my opinion... One medium size square warehouse, so twice around and you've seen everything. Then, Ok -to-lame venders -PLUS-you couldn't even smoke! Not even out side.

Someone told me the cops showed up early and sad "There will be no SMOKEing/eating/drinking cannabis of any kinda lol". Then it was cold as hell with windy as fuck on the side and of course the best venders would be outside *The 1st one and the middle*. Only like 3 actually had meds.... and just a few nugs.

Lame... I would of been happier buying 8th of some dank and chilling with friends, then going to the Med Cannabis cup - the cannabis so the "Med Cup"? and get accosted by the cops and a chance of feds scooping out who smokes or grow in the area. Just shadey... I've felt safer buying from some guy I don't know off clist in the middle of the day at star bucks.

Arugh :mad:

7. I knew it wouldn't be good...
    lol no one listens to me though!

8. [quote name='"Stratos"']"SIGH" Man this was lame! Total waste of money in my opinion... One medium size square warehouse, so twice around and you've seen everything. Then, Ok -to-lame venders -PLUS-you couldn't even smoke! Not even out side.

Someone told me the cops showed up early and sad "There will be no SMOKEing/eating/drinking cannabis of any kinda lol". Then it was cold as hell with windy as fuck on the side and of course the best venders would be outside *The 1st one and the middle*. Only like 3 actually had meds.... and just a few nugs.

Lame... I would of been happier buying 8th of some dank and chilling with friends, then going to the Med Cannabis cup - the cannabis so the "Med Cup"? and get accosted by the cops and a chance of feds scooping out who smokes or grow in the area. Just shadey... I've felt safer buying from some guy I don't know off clist in the middle of the day at star bucks.

Arugh :mad:[/quote]

All of this is completely true I was so disappointed I bought VIP passes n didnt even go to the party, did you?

9. It really sounds like you guys got the ass end of the deal for sure...
    Are there any dispensarys in the D yet?

10. Nope, I wanted vip but by faith my girl said no to VIP lol.

11. There was a lot but there all closed down, because of that loop hole in the law. everybody is back underground.

12. Fucking retarded IMO.

Shit like this absolutely kills the medical MJ cause and makes abuse of the system blatant, throwing it in everyone's face. Have you ever heard of a "Xanax Cup" or "Penicillin Cup"? Of course not.

13. [quote name='"Fëanor"']Fucking retarded IMO.

Shit like this absolutely kills the medical MJ cause and makes abuse of the system blatant, throwing it in everyone's face. Have you ever heard of a "Xanax Cup" or "Penicillin Cup"? Of course not.[/quote]

Those are federally regulated drugs, cannabis isn't.

The medical system is an appeasement to the needs of the smoking community. Most of these states who now seem to have medical, had mmj systems in place for years before it got like this and dispensaries popped up...... the govt knows this is a sudo-legalization, not just a medicinal community.... I don't agree with abusing it, but honestly if the govt didn't know what was going on, it wouldn't exist at all.....

I think the cups are a good way to get knowledge out there... yes people can smoke weed and its harmless, yes we can have gatherings like this and nothing goes wrong. Its making some imact or another on the entire aspect of how this country thinks about weed.... it has to be done slowly and surely before we can assure the unknowledged people weed won't cause any god damn trouble if its legal lol

14. lol A Xanax cup would be a whole bunch of people robbin' things and people getting beat up.. :rolleyes:

15. Oh yea! Ill be going!

16. It was yesterday....

17. LMAO!
    The two posts above me.... Priceless
    MiMedThumb smoked too much weed this week.

18. According to Danny Danko, (I don't exactly agree, considering all the card mills that were there) the cannabis cups are a celebration of the movement, the activism, etc.

not to get into a discussion of other drugs, all I'm gonna say is that a Xanax cup would just be a bunch of people nodding out and falling on the floor and going waaalalaallllooooooo. lol

19. [quote name='"purplemudkip"']

According to Danny Danko, (I don't exactly agree, considering all the card mills that were there) the cannabis cups are a celebration of the movement, the activism, etc.

not to get into a discussion of other drugs, all I'm gonna say is that a Xanax cup would just be a bunch of people nodding out and falling on the floor and going waaalalaallllooooooo. lol[/quote]

I was actually surprised by the very small amount of card mills that were there as opposed to the last 5 expos I've been to in MI

20. i don't remember if there were any at hash bash (because i was hash bashed *knee slap*), but yeah a friend of mine told me that she went to something where they had doctors approving people on the spot