Bonsai Mother Technique[Step By Step Tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MicroGrower420, Aug 14, 2011.

1. +rep Awesome guide.

2. My attempt at Bonsai-ing. Slowly yet patiently getting there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks MicroGrower420!

3. This would be awesome if you did a whole(veg/flower) grow like this. You would deff help a lot of people out.

4. Great read going to try this just one question.

The box I recently found if leave it sitting horizontally I have 14in of height and room to root clones but if I turn it vertically I have 22in of height less room for clones to root. Basically could I bonsai a mom to fit the 14in height?

5. You can bonsai at any height it just takes more work the smaller you want them. Your clones you take will be significantly smaller as well.;):wave:

6. [quote name='"MicroGrower420"']

You can bonsai at any height it just takes more work the smaller you want them. Your clones you take will be significantly smaller as well.;):wave:[/quote]

Thank you
    Think I will put in the work, I like the idea of having room to root clones.

7. Great thread. I took some clones off one of my girls this summer but the mother was too close to flowering and the clones never went back into veg.
    So I got some very small flowering clones in the end.
    I have a nice grow box to keep the mother in this winter, so I will be give your method a try.

Attached Files:

8. ^ that's cool, you ahve LED panels on your walls and door, do you find any bleaching where they contact the plants?

9. [quote name='"KazKin"']^ that's cool, you ahve LED panels on your walls and door, do you find any bleaching where they contact the plants?[/quote]

Not that I have noticed. I've done a few grows in it and never had any problems with burned leaves or anything related to heat.
    I keep the temp at the top leaves between 75-85 F.
    The LEDs give off very little heat.

10. yeah i wouldn't have expected any heat burn, i mean any light bleaching, i have heard that LED's too close to plants can induce some major light bleaching

11. Request sticky. This is really nice and appealing to the eye.

Good information too. Sorry I have slept on your thread. I am about to start growing micro like your self. I have been lurking your threads for awhile and they're always top notch.

12. [quote name='"KazKin"']yeah i wouldn't have expected any heat burn, i mean any light bleaching, i have heard that LED's too close to plants can induce some major light bleaching[/quote]

Hummmm, I've never seen any bleaching or any other change in the color of the leaves.
    These LEDs are a low wattage type. Maybe you are referring to the higher watt type.

13. possibly :)

looking good though

14. [quote name='"KazKin"']possibly :)

looking good though[/quote]

Thanks, my friends call it "the space station"

15. thats an awesome looking box man!

16. [quote name='"miscbrah3284"']

thats an awesome looking box man![/quote]

Thanks man, I'm soaking 5 beans to go in there as soon as they pop.

17. Loved looking at your pictures, here's my lil momma

Attached Files:

18. I wanna do this to my plants and flower them I plan on veging for 2 months I'm in my 2nd week from clone check out my gj in my sig

19. Micro got a question for you. After root pruning do you step down the nute level or keep it the same? I noticed my mums older leaves with some dark spots looks like P if I'm correct mobile nute right. After root pruning I step down their nute level from 1.5tsp per gallon to 1tsp per gallon. Would that be the cause?