Bonsai Mother Technique[Step By Step Tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MicroGrower420, Aug 14, 2011.

1. are you being bonsai'd as well? :eek: :p

:smoke:

2. Hahahaha, Almost impossible now, I was trained late now I am 6'5.:smoke:

3. nothing a good pruning can't fix....we will start with that abnormal growth that has sprouted atop ur shoulders :laughing:

cheers my friend :wave:

4. #24 whiteorchid, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    Love this tutorial great to see step by step on the how to. Will be giving this a go 4 sure Im a big lover of the Bonsai..... In all plants :) this one would have to be my fav:love:

5. Sweet thread man, cant wait for the update

6. the tutorial looks great micro! Super professional and easy to follow

probably the best guide ive ever seen on the web...i 5 star'd this beast

7. Glad to see this finally arrived, excellent tutorial! I may Bonsai a few strains I received not too long ago.

Keep it up!

8. great Tutorial. Can't wait to apply this to my setup. Keep up the awesome work.

9. can you bonsai from a seed or does it have to be from a clone?

10. You can go from seed as well.

11. Seed is a little slower at first, but there is usually more vigor later in life.

12. Love this thread. Thanks. I am planning to do exactly what you describe when I find a suitable clone.

13. Very nice thread man! Any new pics?

14. what would your advice be for me... i got my two potential mothers in 5 gal bubble buckets.... i was thinking keeping a t5 close and bonsai'n the sh!t outta her.
    would it grow to rapidly? strain = OG KUSH

15. For sure, considering it is a kush strain, what re the lumens of the t5?

16. As with your other one, this is an awesome tutorial. At the moment, I am growing from seed, but will eventually set up a small mother tent. I am definitely going to give this a try when I do. In many ways, I wish I had gone with soil when I went indoors. I think like many folks, I thought indoors and hydro were synonymous (sp?). I didn't realize until after the fact that I could have stayed with soil. It would've removed much of the learning curve when I moved indoors. Just a thought.

17. T5 4 bulb 4' are about 20k lumen before factoring in reflector loss. It works out to be about 80 L/W after losses from reflectors and ballast, just a rough estimate based off run of the mill Sunblazes. If money is not an option you will get a little more matching up better ballasts ex. GE Ultra Start running 3 bulbs instead of 4 has a factor of 1.2, most commercial fixture are using Fulhams, or worse, and you get a factor of .91. This means your going to gain almost 30% output with a better ballast.

18. Nice job man,

i love bonsai's,

ive actually started to do some on my own. they are about 3 weeks old now and only 4" tall, i kept it as a really short bush thing it looks awesome.

19. Great guide , well done !

20. *bump*

this is the best bonsai guide I've ever seen. excellent work, very well put together.