Occupy Wall Street

Discussion in 'Politics' started by craigd89, Aug 14, 2011.

1. if you think that personal property laws don't apply in the cities then you are very sadly mistaken.
    and if you try to set things on fire here in the US you may be in for a very rude awakening. Shop keepers here will be obliged to wake you up with a load of 00 buck

2. "You dont fuck with New York!"
    Mick Jagger, Concert for New York City, MSG, benefit for 9/11 victims, Oct. 20, 2001.

3. Whats more peaceful than sleeping in a tent and holding up a sign?? Garrison you in? Or do you support the citigroup / BOA / GS's of the world??

4. I wouldn't be surprised.

5. #25 NasaJoe, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    There's a line in the sand between the people and wall street, the internet and transparency are their worst enemy..

6. Not going to a riot, nor sleep in a tent, I live 8 miles away, lol.

I've paid my dues as far as demonstrations, probably did more than 5 of you put together.

7. #27 NasaJoe, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    I'd ask you what types of demonstrations, but you'd probably give me some politically rhetorical answer that strays away from my original question.. similar to your original response to my statement..

Sometimes its better to say nothing at all..

8. Can't remember them all, but includes many marches and working at street tables to stop the war in Viet-Nam, massive protest against the Vietnam war and Richard Nixon held in Washington D.C., very large rally in NYC to protest the 2004 Republican Convention - with my (then) union:
    2004 Republican National Convention protest activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. I was being cynical. It's a densely populated, small area. You're defending rooms the size of a lawn, out south anywhere else. Lol besides, it's always been a Celtics fan's dream to light that city on fire :D

10. Ah so, cynicism. Cool, I missed it :cool:. I'll have to add the discussion to the list of discussions I heard oldtimers talking about growing up. They weren't big fans of cityfolk in particular :D

11. Tomorrow is the day, Sept. 17 - lets see what happens. To test the waters, a few demonstrators set up shop on Wall and Broad Street earlier this week and were arrested, then released. Since most businesses are closed on Saturday in the Financial District, they won't have much of a live audience.

12. Nor will it be on the news

13. as of 9/11/2011 the city has had increased police presence, trust me there out there and they still are. they have yet to lower the alert level in the city and theres cops/undercovers all over. if this protest happens and its start going down who knows what will happen

14. If they're peaceful and don't engage in violence, things will go fine. If there's troublemakers, the police will know how to handle those groups or individuals.

There's no way they're going to be allowed to camp out in tents on Wall Street, or anywhere in NYC, for several months - which is what some of the protests are calling for.

15. That's a stupid thing to do. So they are just going to do this without any plan to compensate people for the losses they may cause or any solution to the problem? That's how you gain support for your cause!

16. peaceful protest never work....example why: look at where we are.

17. Really want to piss off Wall Street?

Open up a competing stock market of your own.

18. You really gunna say that? Think before you type or be added to the no fly list or worse.