Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

RESULTS [HOW-TO]: Passing a mouth-swab drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 520medicineman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. #21 midnytesmudges, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    OK...hmmm i have done nothing but silently lurk about almost every single forum i can find that deals with passing a mouth swab...drug charts indicating time most stays in your saliva. I am a chronic toker however i have cut back quite a bit and been weaning myself off...its as bad a habit as my tobacco. I have issues saying no to my favorite past time. After hearing and reading about kroger foods doing a mouth swab and the desire to know i can move up quickly in this company based on my past experience for the better part of my adult life. I have taken the "chance"..when i was called out of the blue i managed to put it off by saying i was on my way out of town to spend holidays with my father in the neighboring state. so that bought me a week..i stayed cleaned 5 out of 7 days..then hit an emotional rollerc oaster for several days that i caved went to a friend..that was new year's eve..i tested on 01/02/13 ..roughly 36 hours..i bought a magnum detox mouthwash..plus had been brushing and using listerine..before my test was even sent to the lab i was given a uniform done all my hiring stuff set up for orientation. it was an I3Screen sent out to quest diagnostics. But if the test was going to show up dirty for THC (only) or anything for that matter is there any type of indicator???? i did not see any difference in the color on the pad..but i also had to keep it in for a full 10 minutes cuz i held it between my teeth..i used the mouthwash twice actually..lol..was able to go to the restroom using i was prepared for a urine excuse and did a second shot...but i cant see them putting me on the clock and everything BEFORE my test comes back??? i don't want to ask in fear of them knowing i did "something"... so did i pass or what??

2. If they put to work you passed if not you will get a call. Was the swab a Blue Dot did they make you wait till it changed color if so that is the new one's. GOOD LUCK!

3. yes i had to wait for the thing to change color..it took almost the full 10 minutes cuz i wasn't letting it touch my cheek or anything...whenit was ready it was blue.. but is there ANY type of indicator that shows a positive result for substance being found at the time of test or is it a LAB READ ONLY?

I did work a 4 hour shift this morning...nothing was said when i clocked out to leave...

4. Lab read if you started I'd say you had to pass. I did the same thing held in my teeth didn't let it touch. Well I guess that is good news I didn't use the detox and I have a lot of body fat and a heavy user {wake and bake}!

5. once i have been there for my full schedule for a pay period i will assume i am safe..LOL.. this is only the 3rd drug test i have ever taken before in my life..the other 2 have been urine and i was ok then..no reason to worry there..this one i should have abstained and roughed through it..but i am still on pins and needles waiting for yet ANOTHER bomb to drop...seems like my life been full of them lately..hoping this is my turn around!

6. Corporate want let them start you to work unless you pass! CHILL DUDE BURN ONE!

7. LOL!!! I think i am gonna have to burn one!!!

8. yep. I did that last year.
    I smoked a bowl before work, and my supervisor told us they were suspicious of drug use on the job or something. we did the swab thing. i use mouth wash in my car before going inside after I smoke just for my breath everyday. passed
    i smoked with one coworker the night before and he passed without mouthwash.

Maybe its more sensitive now?

plus i believe your in the clear after 12 hours after smoking. aaaaand it takes some time for it to appear in your saliva after your last smoke. like an hour.

9. My friend just passed an oral swab test for pre employment at Lowes distribution center. He got the call at 1130 AM on a Thursday and scheduled the test for the next day at 1100 AM. My friend and I had just smoked 2 big bongs half hour prior to getting the phone call. This gave my friend exactly 24 hrs from last smoke until the time of the swab. My friend and I are very frequent smokers ( we each smoke a little more than an eighth a week a piece).
    But he passed! Here is what he did :

Obviously I abstained from smoking for the next 24 hours.

I brushed my teeth/mouth as many times as I could using this process :

1. Scrape tongue with a tongue scraper
    2. Gargle salt water for 30 seconds
    3. Floss thoroughly
    4. Brush teeth, gums, tongue, and cheeks
    5. Gargle 1 part water mixed with 1 part hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds

( I probably did this 5 or 6 times on Thursday and then 2 or 3 times the day of the test.)

All day Thursday I carried an empty water bottle an continuously spit in it ( forcing my salivary glands to continually produce more saliva).

10. Sweet!! Welcome to the gang :eek: never stop improving

11. Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know . I smoked the day before I had mouth swab (blue dot one) . Smoked at 2pm and had test next day at 1130am. I'm a heavy smoker and I passed the test following these steps.
    1.brush several times the day before and day of. Brush very hard all ur gums, tongue and cheeks. I'm talkin until u see some blood the stinging is worth the job if u ask me.
    2. Rinse and gargle with hydrogen peroxide. I even brought small water bottle with me into building and used in bathroom before test.
    3. Keep altoids in ur mouth up to and during test. Most places will ask if u have gum or anything in ur mouth as u are not allowed.
    4. While waitin to give test make sure u are drinkin small amounts of water to keep mouth wet and to rinse mouth out.
    5.bite down softly on swab and try to keep it from sitting against ur cheek.

Sorry this is my first post didnt get to read all forum rules sorry jut wanted to help some people out lookin for answer like I was few days ago. Hope this helps some of yas out. JUST BLAZE

12. I have not smoked pot in 16 days..do I need to do any extra procedures to pass or am I good?? I brush my teeth twice a day and use mouthwash.

13. yesterday i passed a mouth swab test which was the final barrier to get a job at safeway. here's what i did: took about a 10 day T break, brushed my teeth and used mouth wash even more than 3 times a day. but here is where i almost messed up... the day of the test i used a LOT of mouthwash, and it made my mouth pretty dry, so during the test, the 1st time i did it it didnt come back negative, but it just didnt show anything (they said it was defective) but then they had me try another time and i passed the 2nd easily. i probably didnt have to take 10 days off, but just to be safe i did. as soon as i got home a rolled a joint haha :smoke:

14. Fack man.. I've been researching this topic forever looking for anyone to say they failed after waiting a week. Buzzkill. I really hope the kits haven't got more sensitive.

15. It will be 21 days when I take the test...I drink water and ONLY water everyday...so I SHOULD pass the test...

16. what if you don't have mouth wash. would just brushing your teeth like crazy be acceptable?? lol

17. Another tip: Tongue brush

18. I'm not a weed smoker but I do have some things in common with this forum. I'm not 100% on this but I may be walking into a mouth swab tonight at work.
    I had done coke and perks.-pain killers. If I do get this test around 8pm, the coke will be about 16 hours from the time I did it till the time the swab is in my mouth. The perks will be about 9-10hours.
    I don't do coke often but I do perks religiously. I'm about 155ibs lean/ cut just a little muscle. For my first mouth swab I had done perks not 24hours before the first swab test and passrd...That being done, I took it that my body may cycle things out quicker than others? I come from a very Healthy and athletic family, good genes, but I obviously have a terrible low habit.... My question for you guys is do you think from the over view of my body and past exp. I gave u that I could pass this test? or that ppl being healthy and athletic that i may have a better chance? i sweat very easily and can loose and gain weight very easily. i feel like my body can just circulate things out fast... and that it is possible for some bodys to circulate drugs out of your system fairly rapidlynot juat me..is it lickley? Much appreciate your answers and opinions. Thank you

19. Took a swab test today for Lowes as well. 36 hr break no thc. We shall see. They send off to quest diagnostics for lab testing.....

20. Gixer Was it the Blue Dot test they are talking about?