the cfl yield forum.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockerdaddy420, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Thanks rockerdaddy420! My original plans were to do 4 plants under the lights, but decided to just go with 2 plants. I am lst'ing them like crazy, I think today I might super crop one of plants to try and get the best yield. Being the first time using nutes and dwc method, I am constantly checking on ph levels. I want to make sure everything goes smooth....for the most part.

I cannot seem to get the link setup in my signature...fustrating!!!! Anyways, if you have a chance search my setup "First Grow - 14 CFL Cabinet"

Latta!

2. Igetsofunky, Bloody jealous of your setup man!

3. SystemVolver, Thanks! I worked very hard on getting it just the way i wanted. Lots of trial and error. Mostly error!!!

4. IgetsoFunky, I know what you mean, at the moment I'm having WAY too much error and have just put my seedlings on my windowsill until I have a suitable setup.
    Being a full time student I only have a $500 budget :(
    Could anyone possibly link me to some cheap equiptment suitable for two plants?

5. gh has a great line of organic nutrients which means harder to nute burn plant. i belive the line is bio etc.

6. i think the best cfl for the money is a 200w daylight spectrum bulb from hydro farm and they have 2700k warm bulbs to same wattage im using them and great results

7. well check my grow bro!! I use 23W and they are bright as day

8. SystemVolver, my budget was smaller than yours. My box came from a old shelf that had in my basement that held paint. Originally I was going to use a metal cabinet that was a little rusted, but when I started to remove the rust and paint, I didn't want the aggravation. The Stanley Blower cost me $50 at wally world, the bulbs were all together $20-$25 at HD, the "Y" sockets were $3 a pop at HD, the light hood was modified (free). All of the accessories for the DWC came to about $40-$50 at Petsmart. I am lucky enough to have 6 or so hydro stores around me and with all the Fox Farm nutes, clay pebbles, net pots and ph tester kit with up and down solution, it came to $120 (roughly). I am probably a couple misc. things, but all and all it wasn't too bad in cost.

The only this is a little time and effort and tools, the tools are the biggest thing to help you get through the build. I did a lot of research on material, here at GC on what others techniques are. I can't tell you the countless journals I've read, all while taking notes along the way. This was how I made my list of items to buy and create. Let me tell you that there are some crafty mofo's out there. Lots of DIY stuff.

Anyways...I ramble too much sometimes.

I checked out your setup, and it is good for what you got, but if you were to upgrade, I would draw up a set of your ideal cab grow and see what you can substitute here and there.

9. SystemVolver, just thought of this. Sometimes you can find a cabinet or dresser on the side of a road or back of an alley. I've even seen people on here use an old tv stand, the one's that enclose the tv. Just thinking of an inexpensive route for ya.

10. Dude, get some metal poles, build a frame. Buy $10 with of panda film and a $8 zipper.

There is your tent.

11. Check on craigslist under "furniture" or "free" and type in cabinet. I found quite a few in my area that were under $50 that would be ideal to modify.

12. my box on the first page is a dresser i turned into a box with two 150cfm inline duct fans for air out and in. i suggest if your going to use a box of any sort get two fans rated to move air. even though they are cfls they still get really hot in small places. my temps befor the fans would get up to 109 very scary so none of you want to go through that like i did.

13. u can use garbage in the street to boxes in your basement. Be creative. Anything can become a grow area.

14. Cheers for all the useful advice!
    At the moment I am building a 600x500x1200 cabinet and I just ordered a 250W HPS and am using and old bathroom exaust fan, will post pictures sometime tomorrow :)
    And also will it do any harm to my babies if I let them grow outdoors until tomorrow?
    It is still winter here but the rains are pretty much done, looking forward to spring as I found the perfect guerilla grow spot :)

15. I would avoid putting them outside. You could shock them and become they would become hermies!!!

16. Great thread this

17. Using 5 23w , 2 13w doing great growth. shes 1ft now, gonna veg till 1.5-2f then flower. lsted like mad huge 7 main colas.

point being with cfls less is more truly. depending on your amount of plants, do 50w per additional plant. 100w for the first at least.

18. I would say with cfl's you should just stick to 100w min foar a plant for good results.bump.

19. Not sure if it interests anyone but this is my new box:
    http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/systemvolver/Picture004.jpg
    Using a 250W HPS,
    Standard 10 inch fan,
    2x 4inch circulation fans.
    I am also growing vegetables in there until there is limited space.
    My seedlings are in the yellow pots on the back right in the yellow pots.
    I also got a Canna nutrients, all PH needs, cloning gel etc.
    One of my seedlings has put out quite a few leaves and another set is coming through, they are growing quite nicely, any tips or advice, welcome!