How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. :laughing: Now now it's tempting but you cannot sexually pleasure your self with your plant's...................you must wait until After harvest :D

2. i dont see a pic for a female

3. Oh and skunky what exactly does the very begining stage of a female look like? i have only 1 plant and while it is stile young i belive i see pistils at the newer nodes.

4. Sorry the picture has deleted itself it was up for ages :(.

Right here is a female pre flowering. Those white little hair's yeh look out for those. And if your a indoor grower it's time to switch to 12/12.
    [​IMG]

5. yo what if u put ur plants in flowering for like a day just to see which are male and female then put the females back in veg?

6. They wont show flowering, it takes up to 2 weeks of being in a 20/20 cycle to start flowering.
    Reverting back to beg is stressful for the plant, and in my experience it can Hermi.

7. do auto flowering plants need 12/12 cycle? will there be any difference between constant 18/6 and 18/6 for veg. and 12/12 for flower. ?

8. Nope they will flower with any light cycle, this means you can keep autoflowrting plant's in your Veg room.

9. thanks but is there any difference whether they flower under 12/12 or 18/6 ?

10. I don't have to much experience with autoflowering plant's but no i don't think so, apart from obvious things like just more light.

11. #51 grasscity85, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
    Any chance this is a hermi? How long do i have before it pollinates?

Attached Files:

12. That's a male, unless there's just no budds in that picture, i see balls for sure though.

13. Hey Skunky Monkey!
    10 thumbs up for being so patient and informative to those of us who lurk in the shadows. and another 10 thumbs up for being into alternative building styles. my old man and I built out own straw bale house and live in TOTAL COMFORT off-grid with solar power and using just wood for heat in the winter.
    SUSTAINABLE, innovative, lif-styles are where it's AT, ya'll!
    find some inexpensive land in a mild climate region of the US and build your own! it goes hand in hand with HOME GARDENING for pleasure and profit.
    ...but I digress!

14. I will one day :D i want to live either in a straw bail house, i went on a course and built them at festivals for a while, or a massive Geodesic dome :D

15. Hey man! That's right on that you used to build them before. They're really COMFORTABLE inside...whether it's cold weather or hot weather...they work good!

I just want to ask you one tiny question if I may...since you seem to totally know your shit. It's not about hermaphrodites or sexing...but I hope it's not too awful to sneak it in here.

Question: Most peoople seem to be in a hurry and tend to want to harvest too EARLY. I've read the articles on that and totally get it. But what about if I wait and extra week or 2 PAST when they were "ripe"...by accident? Do you think it would degrade the quality or content of the various cannabinoids/flavors?
    The reason I ask is because I have about 4 different strains under one light. they're all 7 weeks into the 12/12 mode and some of them have really ORANGE pistils and yet a couple of the others are still primarily WHITE. What's truly weird is there are 2 Cindarella99 plants, for example...and one is really orange and the other one is still totally white. I feel like I should give the slower one a couple more weeks and the one that's totally orange should probably go into flushing at least a week sooner than the other one?
    So do you think I should separate them and treat them individually? Or would letting the ones that are more mature looking HURT THEM if I wait too long to harvest?
    Ya dig?

16. Well harvesting 2 weeks late will degrade the THC, when the trichs are all Amber they start to loss potency, the ideal time is when there cloudy so 50/50

And some people actually harvest different parts of the plant, once i had to harvest a whole branch because it ripened way sooner than the rest of the plant.

If the more mature one's are ready and you know they are i would harvest now.

Is the one with the white trichs a Indica dominant or a sativa dominant ?

17. Quick question, my plants are about at 4 weeks now, yet i planted them a bit late this year. As it was my first time and just for fun, I need to bring them in in the next week or so, or else it will start to get to cold out and most likely die. Wondering how far away from the intial stem i should dig down, how far down and any other tips on how to remove 2 plants from outside to inside would be great! Thanks alot

18. Only do this if you absolutely know they wont survive the weather, re potting flowering plant's is incredibly stressful, and digging them out the ground is even worse, if you are going to do this i would dig just under a foot radius of the Main stem and i would dig a foot down as well, this is precautionary, you want to make damage to the roots minimum.

19. Congratulations sir!! You are the proud father of a baby boy!
    :laughing:

20. Well, I took the male out. The second, slower growing plant, is doing great. However, it showed the first signs of sex. Seems it might also be a boy! This is my 3rd grow and ALL have been males. I am starting to think that I cant tell the difference, or maybe I am doing something to hermi them and seeing the male characteristics first. Do the male characteristics of a hermi show up first? I don't mind a hermi for obvious reasons. Will you please look at the attached pictures and tell me if I am the unluckiest person alive. I think I will grow this guy out so I can finally see something past week one of flowering.I like this strain(bagseed but the best) and that is the last seed.

Attached Files: