Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Many Medical Marijuana Plants Allowed In CA?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rorkster2, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I've done a lot of research in the past on this and basically the short answer I found is around 6 mature plants. I now actually live in California and have been talking to a few locals I've met and the answers are all over the board. Some even mentinoned that its possible to get a growing/caregiver 'card' that let's you grow more then the 'normal' limit (something I never read about online)

I'm just looking for the most straight forward answer there is. I live in Los Angeles by the way if you need to take that into account. Thanks fellow GC'rs

2. 6 mature 12 immature. The thought was people starting from seed and having a 50/50 shot. Mothers, rooted clones both count as mature. You can ask your doctor to write you up something stating that you need more for your specific condition. I don't know how anyone would prove how much one "needs" what about edibles and hemp oil? That takes a LOT of weight to get you through. Iv heard it's Safest to just stick to the limits. And don't keep any guns in the grow room. Extra charges.

3. Local Medical Marijuana Cultivation & Possession Guidelines Under California State Law SB 420 | California NORML

NOTE: On May 22, 2008, the Second District of California Court of Appeals ruled that the state limits on medical marijuana possession and cultivation established under SB 420 are unconstitutional. The court's reasoning would seem to apply only when the SB 420 numbers are used to limit patients' rights, but has been interpreted otherwise by police who would prefer to ignore them. On January 21, 2010, the California Supreme Court in essence affirmed the ruling.

California NORML strongly advises Prop 215 patients to continue following the SB 420 guidelines – six mature or 12 immature plants and 8 ounces of processed marijuana except where local guidelines specify more. The Supreme Court’s recent Kelly decision has been widely misinterpreted to imply that the limits no longer apply, and that patients can therefore grow as much as they want. In fact, the Court’s decision lets the police arrest anyone who exceeds the guidelines, The only thing it disallows is for the guidelines to be used as a basis for conviction in criminal trials.

So, unless you don’t mind being arrested and dragged into court for a felony trial, where you will have to show that the amount of marijuana you had was consistent with your medical needs, the best rule of thumb is to follow the guidelines. The Kelly decision simply re-affirms the original intent of SB 420, which was to establish reasonable guidelines for arrest - not automatic limits for guilt.

4. Thats what its supposed to be...but I no ppl with much more. So yeah..it all depends on the doc you get your rec from.