Bottom leaves yellowing, top leaves drooping?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by I'm Not Sober, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Alright, I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to growing. So this is just bag seed I threw in a pot that had some soil in it already. I'm not too serious about growing this, but I don't want it to die either.

I was watering every morning, but now since I read not to I've been watering maybe once every two days. I'm in AZ though so it's hot and dry here.

All the yellow leaves you see here, were a lush green last night. Last night, the top leaves were drooping a lot. I haven't watered in about a day.

I usually put it on the window sill during the day so it can get sunlight and I usually have the window cracked open to the width of the pot, with the AC on. The past couple days I have had the window shut due to monsoon storms.

Is there anything I can do to improve the health of this plant without having to go buy nutes and all that stuff?

Btw, it's about two weeks old.

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. congratulations. you have a healthy plant. mj plants will shed lower leaves as it grows more. its a common occurrence. as far as the watering schedule, check the moisture level of the soil before you water. insert your finger to the second knuckle and see if its dry or moist. if its still moist, wait another day. if its dry, water the plant. you cant go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. [quote name='x420xImNotSober']I'm not too serious about growing this, but I don't want it to die either. I was watering every morning, but now since I read not to I've been watering maybe once every two days. I'm in AZ though so it's hot and dry here. All the yellow leaves you see here, were a lush green last night. Last night, the top leaves were drooping a lot. I haven't watered in about a day. I usually put it on the window sill during the day so it can get sunlight and I usually have the window cracked open to the width of the pot, with the AC on. The past couple days I have had the window shut due to monsoon storms. Is there anything I can do to improve the health of this plant without having to go buy nutes and all that stuff Btw, it's about two weeks old.Thanks./QUOTE]
    congratulations, lol, you're overwatering. you should only be watering when the plant dries up. the drooping is a sign that you're watering too much. not too serious about growing??? then cut it and throw it away! you have to be serious, it's important!!! as mentioned, check the medium. when it's dry a couple inches down, it's time to water. the plant is displaying a bit of a nitrogen def. feed it. if you want to seriously grow good weed, you need to invest some time/money. you need to get some decent nutes....

• Like Like x 1

4. I was kind of looking at this as just a little house plant experiment lol. But if you say so then I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tips though I appreciate it. What would you recommend giving it for the nitrogen deficiency?

5. a really good, fairly cheap nute line is pure blend. they have a veg and a flower line, get them both. i use it while i'm in veg.

6. Appreciate the help.