Ice Pinch

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Anthony777, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Just curious, how much does ice actually help? Is it really necessary to have?

2. Its not at all necessary. All ice does is cool down the smoke.

3. Well I'm contemplating on two EHLE bongs. One has an ice pinch, one doesn't. They're the same size, but I like the logo on the one without the ice pinch better. The logo on the one with the pinch seems bland.

So really, I just want to know if it makes a significant difference having ice in the tube.

4. I know people who always use ice, I suppose it's because they enjoy it.
    I personally don't use it because it messes up water levels and doesn't make a noticeable difference for me.

5. I think it's a nice thing to have, but not completely necessary. If you like the one without them better, I say go for that one.

6. I have always bought bongs with ice catchers and I use them about 10% of the time. They're nice to have for those monster rips, but using them every time you smoke is not practical. The ice does mess up your water levels on a constant basis.

7. Alright, so go with the one without the ice pinch then. Got it.

8. Is it true that they hit best, the ice pinch bowls, if you fill them with ice first?

9. tbh i find adding ice makes the hits harsher for me, its either making the smoke too cold or its drying it out/adding to much moisture. i prefer room temp water, nothing else.

10. LOL a little confused, buddy? An ice pinch bowl and an ice pinch bong are WAY different. The purpose of ice pinches in a bong is obviously to add ice cubes to cool the smoke. An ice pinch bowl is simply a bowl for the bong with multiple holes in the bottom, rather than just 1. Giving it a "turbo" effect (filling the bong with smoke faster) and preventing clogs.

11. Well, its been working for me. I put the ice in, then put a screen down, and put a bowl of buds on top. So this is the wrong way that im doing it?

12. Yeah, that would be incorrect. Just pack the herb on top of those pinches in the bowl. Smoke as is. No need to put ice in the actual bowl. And for people that don't have ice catcher's but still like it cold......pour a glass of water. Place in freezer for 20-25 mins. Remove from freezer, pour into bong. Hit right away. Same effect, healthier than inhaling fumes from melting ice. It's not rocket science, guys.

13. I've heard that prolonged use can lead to lung infections.
    I wouldn't be toking out of chilled bongs 24/7, bongs are FINE without them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd go with the ice pinch bong. This one with a beaker and tree perc is what I have. The beaker and tree perc combined with the pinch makes my hits super smooth. And to answer some questions: hitting a bong with ice in it might make the hit seem harsher because you're probably taking a bigger hit than usual. Since the smoke is cooled down you won't feel it as much initially, but you're taking a huge draw of smoke. It's best to take smaller than usual hits to start out with when using ice. To my knowledge ice doesn't cause any infections (as long as its clean ice). Don't use dirty water (boiling water before freezing would be your safest bet if you're worried about that). Even though percs clean and cool smoke a little bit, there's no feeling like a freshly cooled hit.