spider mites during flowering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DonBlaze28, Jul 14, 2011.

1. U can poison spider mites with a nitrogen tank. U gotta seal ur room and pump an ungodly amount of nitrogen in there and dont go in the room cuz it could hurt ur lungs. But it kills the spider mites and makes ur buds even bigger

2. I dont know how many diffdrent times, an on how many different forums but. For the love of GANJA hang some hotshots no pest strips up... im telling you within a few days nothing will be crawling an within a few more days nothing will hatch...

I had an epidemic outbreak during flowering about a month in... in two seperate rooms o.e room i literally hung 8 strips.... no bugs... the otber room i tried azamaxing an need oiling, an liquid ladybugging.. which for the most part are good products. They just cant deal with the eggs.

3. so how exactly do these hotshots deal with the eggs. the last time I had mites the eggs just sat there can't seem to get them to crawl on the no pest strips.lol

4. #24 th12t33n, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    You hang them above the plants. Btw

5. Lololol, silly rabbit hot shots release vapor.... the bugs dont have to crawl in it. An the vapor does something to the eggs not sure.

6. vacuum the eggs out with a car or normal type vacuum.

7. Hot shots work, hell they even helped control the root aphids turning into flyers.

Using hot shots diotamaceous earht and sns i keept all my spider mites and aphids at bay.

8. Please do yourself a favor and disregard this information.

These strips are carcinogenic and are in the process of being banned by EPA in several states. Never smoke buds that have been treated with this pesticide. This chemical's active ingredient Diclorvos is in the class Organophosphates. This is a cholinesterase inhibitor, an enzyme that is essential for the proper working of the nervous systems of both humans and insects. Do you really want to short circuit your brain synapse to kill a few mites?

Dichlorvos

This information is constantly being posted by uninformed growers and is a real disservice to new growers needing pest control advice.

PW

9. take a shop vac and suck the mites right off the plant. everyday you wait shortens the cycle a day

10. any one try the lavender tea method during flowering, i just tried it on some clones and so far the mites all died over night and have not returned and im continuing to feed with a solution of 1/4 cup tea to 1gal of water.

11. I think I'll go with what pointswest said. have fun with ur vapor buds lol

12. Say what u want i know they work, ive never, an still am not poisoned neither is anyone i know. It releases a small enough amount to harm the bugs not humans.. i dont sit an hover over the strips breathing. It dosnt affect taste or quality. Good luck with all your bugs.

13. #34 pointswest, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    I do not question the fact that these strips will work. I am only trying to point out the dangers involved using this product. If you want to expose yourself to scientifically proven dangerous chemicals, when safe alternatives are available for the same control this is your choice. The link given is compiled by some of the best horticulture schools in this country and is not some hearsay from a stoner forum.

As a licensed EPA pesticide applicator trainer, I am only trying to point out the dangers of this product by ingesting the smoke from plants treated with this chemical. The results of this usage may not show as medical problems until years after use.

PW

14. Arent these banned in Britain? By the way have you heard of that Liquid lady Bug? Ifso I wonder how well it works.

15. Everyday we are exposed to scientifically provem dangerous chemicals in the world around us. a pest strip in a room isnt gonna kill me. Im sure the hormones in milk and eggs. and the over grown steroid injected chickens will do it first.

16. What's the best way not to her spidwrs

17. not quite sure what ur ?ing the best way to not get spidermites? cleanliness is next to godliness.

18. Spider mites are a scourge, I stopped growing a few years back for a while because they destroyed my plants...Gonna invest in Lady Bug eggs!!!