Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. welcome one and all interested in the supercloset. this is a thread for all owners/curious consumers, for the growbox bomb machine! this is my first thread along with my first grow and encourage all to be gracious with there advice and opinions. please no trash talk cause there's plenty of room elsewhere for that on the Internet (it's a pretty big fuckin place). so once again share all u got: tips on tie downs, loves and hates, pics of your op, and whatever u like that has to do with the closet, I will also be posting my own here's 3 1/2 weeks into flower. thanks again for taking a peek and smoke on :)-.•.•o0OO

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. subbed. this is the deluxe right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is something inherently attractive about the Superclosets, as I actually budgeted for it a while back (and BCNL, which was slightly higher in price). The model I really like is the Trinity, which basically gives you an extra chamber. It is like having two Deluxe models side by side. Anyway, the reason why I did not end up with one is because I was not able to find a suitable place for the Trinity model inside the house, and at the same time I started getting the "customization itch".

In the end I have decided to use the funds to buy a pair of LED panels, which I have been comparison shopping for months.

Good luck to all Supercloset owners out there and I will be checking back in to see how this thread progresses. I have nothing but love for turnkey solutions. There is definitely a market for one (or two).

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks for the sub Buddha! and yes mines the deluxe wit the 600w upgrade did alot of research before the purchase and couldn't find anything real good in detail about the closet but since I've purchased it looks like alot of people have got on board:) there's definitely things I don't like about it: airflow in bottom chamber,lights in bottom,cheap magnetic hooks that don't hold shit, light leaks to the roots, I could probaly go on but all those things I've listed I've easily fixed wit a lil effort. really I had no idea how hydroponics worked or how to grow Mary at all but I've learned a lot just putting this thing together and reading everything I can in books and on boards I'm definitely gonna be a weed wizard by the time I get a couple grows under my belt:) more to come just not enough time to get it in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    thanks for the interest nrgpill!
    I would have liked to customize my own but had no idea how to start that's why the supercloset seemed like such a good deal to me "just plug in and grow" it's not that easy for sure and supercloset really should work on there "instructional DVD" cause it's really confusing and jumps around from topic to topic. u really have to do alot of learning for yourself but once done u have everything u need right there to make it happen:) would love to see the led panels your talking about and thanks for tuning in good luck in all your growdevours;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. uh, what did you replace the magnetic hooks again with? I'm gonna need to start tying things down soon and you're right. the magnet hooks they give you are too weak.

• Like Like x 1
  7. magnet handles from the hardware store they were the biggest I could find and on sale half off. got 4 of them and I don't even have to tie the net I just slip it under and it dosent go anywhere strong ass magnets! for all joining that could be an easier way to move your fan around instead of the slots provided

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice. I'm going to go out and look for something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. harbor freight sells some nice magnets for cheap

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool thanks Tihspeed. The little round magnets with the hooks in the middle picture are what they give us. Those little things can't hold down a scrog-style net. The big magnet in the first picture looks more promising though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thanks for the pics and advise tihspeed!

friends I feel like a marathon runner ten feet from the finish line getting a crippling thigh cramp and a nail through the foot:(
    after dealing with the main stem break which isint looking very good at all, I awake to powder mold on a plant:( it's only on a couple leaves of one of the plants but I know it can spread quickly. so I bust out "the best of ask Ed" (highly recommended) and one of the suggestions is a spray wit 20%skim milk and 80% water. so tonight I sprayed them down with the worries of waking up to horrible rotten milk smell, ( didint take that in to account til after the milk storm) but hope everything clears up by morning. here's a pic of a pretty flower i thought I should share thanks again for anyone joining and keep running, the finish line isint to far off;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. happens man.... especially with all that going on in such a small space..

good luck..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't sweat the main stem. These plants are pretty tough and i'm sure there are plenty of other budsites besides. The mold is bad news though. What's your humidity? You might want to prune a little just so you can get some better air flow going to discourage more mold.

I was wondering, what is the total vertical grow height in the flower chamber? From the top of the reservoir to the bottom of the cooltube? Just wanted to know for comparison purposes. The dimensions look similar to my box.

And what strain is this? What's the normal flowering time for this strain?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Would anyone recommend the deluxe2.0? I would like to build one but am not knowledgeable in that area.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @GRBUDSTAR.. Are you using the bottom veg chamber right now?? if not.. that chamber is removable.. and will give you an extra 2 - 2 1/2 FT vertical space!!!

I have the deluxe also....Lovin it.. Everything has gone so smooth.. except for a small bout with root aphids.. AZAMAX WINS!! :)

now im 38 days into flowering.. and SO STRONG.. SO BEAUTIFUL..

USE NEEM OIL and Prevention measures!!

I would DESCROWL if i were you.. trim all the bottom leaves and branches that wont make it up to the light. then I purchased another little fan and S hooks from lowes.. which helps alot with the air-flow circulations.. 1 fan on bottom aiming up.. one fan on top aiming right below the cool tube.

If i gets too hot in your box.. always have some frozen water bottles handy.

Well thats just alittle bit of advice i can offer as a new super deluxe owner. Hope everything goes great for you.. Ill def. be checking back. HAVE A GOOD DAY

• Like Like x 1
  16. My Deluxe is on the back of a shipping truck on its way to me as we speak. I'm excited. The biggest question I have, first and foremost, is how many plants can you realistically expect to flower in there? I'm planning on germinating 5 Super Silver Haze feminine seeds in anticipation of the arrival. Does that sound about right?

Thanks for any input you could give me here. And good thread.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Superclosets are cool....but what are you going to do with those plants since they're only 3-1/2 weeks into flower?! I mean, they're going to get bigger and things a lot more crowded.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #19 Manic MC IE, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011

If he removes the bottom chamber.. he should be good. they are most def. bigger then I expected. and I have some quite large lady's lovin it.

I do wish it was taller though.. :)

@sutree Congrats.. I was like a kid again waiting for the postman to deliver this huge "Fridge"

it is a big investment. but well worth the convienence in the end.

I have 12 large ladies in the deluxe.. next time im going to do 6 and LST the shit out of em.. you will have to learn LST and the use of the net trellis. but if done right.. it looks to me like it's going to yield nicely. hope i answered your Q. can fit 13.. but you wanna do less. you might even yield more with less.

all and all you wont be dissapoined. at least Im not. and im 39 days into flower

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  19. got some babies down stairs so can't remove the shelf. my first time growin so didint anticipate how big they would get and also didint do any pruning next time around I'll FIM em and try and keep em stalky and not so tall. four plants is a pretty good number and I'm sure yeld is gonna be more then enough... here's a couple pics of first day of flower hopefully it helps to anticipate how big your prettys will be I'm gonna post pics tonight there looking absolutely amazing!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1