Raining during flowering..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by noobdoob, Jul 8, 2011.

1. #81 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Gonna keep that in Mind for next season.

2. Yeh i would, just get white garden flease paint it white suspend it over your grow, Oh dam you will have to rethink that how will it get sunlight

3. #83 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    Yeah. I might need sunlight to grow a plant lol it's alright ive already dug my plot for next year and got good soil and nutes and tons of animal shit in there waiting for next year.

4. i hear ya on that i just lost one this morning due to too much nuets.. think i fried the fuckin thing i woke up n looked at em and he looked gator skin shit was crazy i flushed em out 3times and nooo progress:(:(:confused:

• Creative Creative x 1

5. I ment if you covered it in branches it wouldn't get sunlight it will if it's just garden fleese, sounds good what ferts you using

6. #86 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    Ohh lol okay. Well now I'm using general nutes I found in lowes. They're high in nitrogen. And I have other high in potassium or phosphorous whatever p stands for lol I also used only 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt once. And will only use it once more.

7. rabbit shit is a very good nuet to use do not sleeep on it.. thats what i got for mine.. theres a lotta portugees were i live. also which is real good with it if you get enuff of it in a 5-10gallon bucket everytime it rains the nuets soak and float to the top with the water.. scoop that shit up n water your plants.. its the greatest and its free peep the plant i started in mid may....

8. i used my crackberry for the pix kinda shitty

Attached Files:

9. Sounds good ginny pig shit and chicken shit is good

10. #90 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    I got to cape cod every summer. I know about the Portuguese lol I use chicken and bat shit. And yeah I try to catch rain water now but when I can't I just leave a couple gallons mixer with nutes in the sun for a day or 2. I'll check em out now man check my thread how do these ladies look. I'll put new pix up tomorrow. Theyve grow alot after this rain.

11. #91 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    Sweet plant bro. What size pot is that..no training ?!?

12. #92 noobdoob, Jul 9, 2011
    I use chicken and bat.

13. really dont know the size of the pot but the biggest i got.. and what do you mean by training? animal shits the way to go i bought this shit at walmart its a 15-30-15 mix along with tha shit things are going pretty good especially when it rains for a day n straight heat the next

14. all you need is chicken shit (stronger, place at bottom 2 shovels per plant) and horse shit (milder won't burn place all over at 30% volume). Peat base/perlite. Water until harvest. No need for any fancy expensive products. It's a weed and it'll grow if fed food.

• Like Like x 1
  15. U really can't stop plants from getting wet... Dew, rain same thing. The key is to allow drying and spreading the branches so mildew doesn't set in. Let the sun hit it and make sure not to let the sun hit it while wet. That can burn leaves

16. Rain during flower is dangerous. Not only does it induce mold on dense indica buds deep in flower but it also spreads disease and bugs. If there are fusarium spores nearby, the rain can bounce it and have it travel to your plant. Same with bugs. With rain usually comes strong winds blowing everything. Those little pieces of debree that collect in rain drops tht bounce off other plants could have russet mites or whatever. I would def cover your buds if they're dense. Why even take the risk. Sure outdoor growers have been experiencing it for ages but doesn't mean you cant do something about it. That is why I always sterilie plant after rain. If I don't I'll see mites and new bug colonies. I'm building a hoop house with greenhouse pvc on hoops so that I can slide it with ease to cover plants. A day of full rain won't compare to morning due.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So i had to make an account so i could respond to whoever says rain is fine is wrong. While it is ok during veg you don't want molds growing and rain on buds causes stress herms meaning seeds!!! So this is why i say be mindful of what strain for your area molds resilience of strain and finally if you're lazy and believe the plant should be left alone that get too thick with leaves trapping moisture promoting mold growth. You need to properly defoliate to where you can see sunlight throughout the plant one should see through and be able to see the otherside. Now when it does rain once the last drop falls you get your azz out there and shake the branches and lightly smack some leaves around knocking moisture off. I got handfuls of seeds for those who say the rain don't affect the plants during flower. If they didn't affect my plants id have more buds and less seeds. The plants will make bigger and bigger buds in hopes of either A... Catching pollen to make seeds or B... Forming buds and self stress pollinating via mold growth on the inner branches close to the stem where the plants cup water just above nodes. That's why when you see stressed budding plants they have colas but small popcorn nuggets on the inner branch workings cause there putting nanners out which might be noticeable but to an untrained eye would lay hidden to wreak havok on your crop