Raining during flowering..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by noobdoob, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Are they on your property ??? or in the woods

2. :rolleyes: no you don't need to cover your plants just shake them off when you go to them, if the buds are small and you see mold cut it out, when your buds get big and start to mold harvest.:wave: this is just my opinion on it and what i personally do, there might be a better way but i sure don't know.
    "Rain followed by hot sunny days can
    foster mold, which could decimate the crop in
    a short time. Leaf has seen dried, cured buds
    the size of softballs that were packed with
    mold. They were thrown away. To avoid mold
    problems, he suggests harvesting when about
    10 percent of the pistils have died back. Even
    heavy dew can cause a moldy disaster!"Jorge Cervantes

• Like Like x 1
  3. #43 mjmama25, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    I agree with shaking excess water off the buds. It really depends on what strain you're growing how mold susceptible they are. After a rain, go to your plants and gently pull apart the buds and look inside to see if there is any mold (gray/brown mush). This won't harm the buds, just find a place where they separate naturally due to a node site. If you find mold, harvest the bud within an inch of the affected area and keep checking the rest of the plant regularly. Any discoloring or dying leaves in the midst of healthy leaves can be an indication that there is bud rot in that spot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. :rolleyes: i wish i could have explained my thoughts this good:rolleyes: this is exactly what i meant but not in as good of writing. bro you some kind of writer/author?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks everyone for your input and some of you for sticking up for me. I'm open to any experience you guys have and that's what a forum is for. And for the assholes above yes I'ma a noob to growing weren't you once before ?!! Exactly. I have done plenty of reading before even getting my clones but just wasn't sure about the rain sorry for my noob-ness lol and thanks again to everyone that actually gave me their incite.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I suppose you could say that. I've had a couple poems published and run a website that I do a lot of writing for. Thanks for the compliments. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's a legit question. Good luck with the grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rain is normal you can shake off colas in morning if you want like oldpork esp in late season. ALso try having a plot that is struck by the sun from the morning to avoid mold from the cold and wet of the night. I can't access my plants so I leave them alone. My region is dry so little mold. ALso get good mold resistant genetics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Damn, so much hostility in a pot growing thread ... you'd think most people that browse these forums would be chilled as fuck, not ready to insult and bitch-out newer growers like noobdoob and myself.

10. I know man usely the growing section people are chilled but there's always a few

• Like Like x 1
  11. i love how some people talk trash and are agressive and then go and delete their posts once they've chilled out. But the other guys in the thread quoted what he said so it stays written. Yeah that's for you.

• Like Like x 1

12. I think it was a misunderstanding he sounds pretty chill so it's cool

13. how did you like those down poors yesturday fellas on the east coast.. now this morning with the bright sun out.. prepare to see some serious growth within 3days

14. ps for the assholes talkin shit about his question.. did you bird brains ever think of when you get days of rain that your crops cud get ruiend due to mold of constant moisture on your buds?? so why whudnt you possibly cover the buds while its pouring like that??? for something that is majority filled with water too much shud cause mold noo??? soo honestly if were gettin hit with a good rain day id cover knowing the weather conditions for the following days

15. #56 blueridgegrower, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    :D i deleted what i said out of respect sorry for trying to make things right after I did something wrong:(

it all started because I was mad because everyone was talking shit to the op about his valid question trust me I'm on your side.

• Like Like x 1

16. It's cool he didn't mean it like that he was just pointing it out, corta malteze is a cool dude

• Like Like x 1

17. If there in a shady spot and don't dry off within a day then yes you can get mold like corta malteze said you want them to be hit with a nice morning sunshine so they can dry off other whise it's very possible you can get mold.

18. yeah no worries blueridge i was just being a little sarcastic but i like everybody. We were all beginners once. And skunkmonkey and noobdoob are my pals. The morning sun is important if your region is humid.

• Like Like x 1
  19. :D I always thought he was cool too, and Im sure he is:D