Getting my first car

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Jnug, Jul 8, 2011.

1. From the list the OP provided, I'll go with Ford Focus.

--

For buying your first car, you should consider

- Fuel economy
    - Safety
    - Reliability
    - Drivability
    - Maintenance
    - Style/design

--

I think most of the cars in the list are about the same on all these points, except the Hyundai. I think Hyundai is a bit sub-par, especially the older models.

So I'll just go with the style/design, and I think the Ford Focus has a very nice look to it.

2. 2000 Jeep Cherokee Lariat. Fuck Yeah. I love my car to death and I got it for under 8k. It's got leather everything with power steering, infinity Gold sound system, Heated seats, sunroof, 4x4, V8 4.something engine, cruise control, and a 10 disc CD changer. Only 110,000 miles. I. FUCKING. LOVE. MY. CAR. :D

3. Why don't you marry her? Lol... :)

4. #24 GoneWithTheWeed, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If its the 4.7 v8 then be prepared for a motor rebuild around 150k miles. The 1st gen 4.7 motors are notorious for blowing a rod through the block.

5. do not get a prius, I will hate you. It seems that every prius driver i've seen on roads, have all agreed to drive below the speed limit.. ALWAYS!!

6. THIS! EXACTLY THIS! then they get all pissy faced when you pass them in any other type of car..... Seriously, do the speed limit or get off the road. There are only a few occasions where it's okay to do under....

7. #27 roma, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yea. when ur loading a bowl for example haha :smoke:

8. 22k to drop on your first car?

Rich parents must be nice

9. I wouldn't know personally ;) no one suspects the teenager (old enough to use this site) in the minivan...