Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating QWISO straight?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by willdavis, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Actually, butane is OSHA certified as non-toxic, and after it's burned, it results in water and CO2, neither of which are toxic either.

And Iso is quite toxic.

2. While the gas is highly flammable, it's not considered toxic for human's to ingest or breath in small amounts, here's a government site that might help: Safety and Health Topics: Butane

In small amounts like you would have residually in butane honey oil, you would not reach a toxic threshold for humans, but with the isopropal alcohol hash residual would leave a fair amount of 'stuff' that is cummulative and you might not want in your body. I grow for medical purposes, i try really hard not to screw up my already screwed up body, so adding chemmicals that don't go away doesn't make sense. Just shit to think about.

3. Actually, it was Methyl alcohol being referred to.

Isopropyl alcohol is produced for home sanitizing purposes. It's a mixture of propenes and water. Propene is a petroleum distillate, which leaves behind many petroleum related components.

Rubbing alcohol is Ethanol, the drinking kind, but the government mandates the addition of Methyl (a toxic, wood based alcohol), so they can continue to make tax money off of liquor stores. Methyl makes it impossible to drink, as it causes PERMANENT blindness.

Both are toxic, yet both get used to make hash.

4. You would have to sit in a pretty unventilated area to breath in any iso... who the FUCK sits in the room with it, without it being fully vented, if you had to sit near it. Your all acting as if people sit over the evaporation dish and breath deeply.... lol

No one does that, as for any iso IN the product.... if you were smoking it, the iso would evaporate and combust off instantly causing an eruption of flame... that never happens....

What you guys are saying is pretty much this... iso will kill you, because the gas of it doesnt densly form on the bottom of a room like butane gas does

Im aware the gas produced from making BHO is minimal in the sense of breathing it in ,but its FUCKING EXPLOSIVE.... there is an article about someone pretty much blowing their fucking ktichen up making it... while no one was even there to create a spark, the fridge did that for them... lol its highly explosive....

we can argue all day about this really.... but its SAFE to eat purged qwiso, end of the story. Dont need to scare the op... there is NO way there is enough iso left in even a poorly purged batch to REALLY be concerned, yes, repeated use would be a bad idea, but you need to be a fucking gorilla to not know how to purge iso... let alone, if you eating it, you need to decarboxylate it at a temp above 220, for more than 10 mins, which would FULLY purge anything left out... you guys are being ridiculous lol

5. okay yeah its like 1.7 grams. When I said "a ton" I was pretty baked/proud of my QWISO product. The health effect I really don't care about as bad as that sounds. All the alcohol has evaporated in 100-105 degree weather (GA summers.. meh) so basically as good as it sitting on a stove. Will it get me high is all I care about. I don't plan on making it again, but will this one time get me high?

I don't care about other methods of making it or the health risks but will I be able to get high from capsules of this QWISO?

6. So technically if you are using ISO as the topic indicated this is a false statement and we have no residual.

The residual in evaporated isopropol alcohol's methal component are as follows: methyl groups 0.001%, formaldehyde 0.001%, acetaldehyde 0.001%,

Because in ISO there exists no methane. ;)

7. yes, you will get high but it has to be decarboxylated to get a good effect....

8. ok ok ok... so if those are the % of the residue left behind... lets say you took the equivalent of a gram of iso, and evaporated it... you would have yourself 1 THOUSANDTH of a gram of all of those things.... and im sure the LD50 of all of them, is well over a gram..... you would need to essentially smoke thousands and thoussands of runs of oil before it was a concern... let alone you also have to take into effect, most people smoke oil, those residues would likely evaporate off as soon as they hit the heat source and not even make it to your lungs lol

what you guys are saying is pretty much the same as arguing because there is fluoride in water you shouldnt be drinking it......

Im honestly not afraid of thousandths of a percent of toxic shit, im sure riding a bike behind a car fills you with more dangerous shit than this does over the course of a year hahahahah

9. id also like to add this for all you butane lovers lol

10. I wasn't very clear; there is no Methane in ISO. He stated the residue from rubbing alcohol, so it does not apply.

11. I figured i didnt understand what you meant hahahha

Im gonna go down a bottle of iso, and inhale an entire canister of butane and see what they put on my autopsy, that should solve this HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

12. No what i am saying is that when you evaporate the iso, you have stuff left over called 'residual' stuff and i listed it earlier. The residual stuff is toxic. It has nothing to do with sitting in a room of it, i was refering to your final form of the hash, which contains residual chemical's in it. Pure butane doens't leave residual chemical's after it evaporates. The stuff i listed earlier in the iso hash doesn't purge, it isn't destroyed by heat, it's in the iso hash and stays there. It is cummulative and it stays in your body and accumulates over time and causes neurological damage in the cerebral cortex. I am not arguing, i am stating fact. Someone was asking about chemical's from isopropyl alcohol qwiso and butane honey oil, i just wanted to contribute. Not a hater, i think everyone should have the right to do what ever they want to their body, but informed is better than not informed. I used to smoke ciggies too, informed and all :)

13. A thousanth percent can be pretty high with relation to toxicity levels in human beings, would it mean more if it was cyanide in a thousanth percent in your hash?

14. But wasn't those residuals found only in Methyl alcohol? There is no methane in ISO. :confused:

15. uh yea, but its not cyanide... and those that you listed are not residual of isopropyl alcohol... as has been proved here

AND butane still kills WAY more people than isopropyl alcohol, and im pretty sure 0 people have ever died from using qwiso, so that goes for itself there

16. Rubbing alcohol, the kind bought by people to make qwiso hash, is this:
    Rubbing alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the outlay of what CH4O, which is methyl alcohol and is the larger protion of what makes up the rubbing alcohol bottles on the store shelves, looks like evaporated into it's components:
    General Chemical Specifications:
    Assay (CH4O)\tMin. 99.8%
    Appearance\tClear
    Solubility in Water\tTo pass test
    MAXIMUM LIMITS
    Color (APHA)\t10
    Substances Darkened by Sulfuric Acid\tTo pass test
    Substances Reducing Permanganate\tTo pass test
    Water (H2O)\t0.1%
    Residue after Evaporation\t0.001%
    Carbonyl Compounds:
    Acetone\t0.001%
    Formaldehyde\t0.001%
    Acetaldehyde\t0.001%
    Titrable Acid\t0.0003 meq/g
    Titrable Base\t0.0002 meq/g
    Shipping Information:
    Methanol, 3, UN1230, PG II

BTW, it doens't kill outright, it kills slowly...it's a collection of harmful chemicals over time, they are neurotoxic, collect over time and destroy your brain and nervous system and it's offshoots; vision, gait, speech. Your brain is a terrible thing to waste.

17. I'm going to sound like a major noob with this one, but what is decarboxylating? do I heat the hash or some shit? that's just watch it sounds like. What about purging? No need for a long scientific explanation.. but thank you if you have one.

Thanks for all the helpful comments!

18. Decarboxylation is the conversion of various cannabinoids into a form more usable by the human body.

Purging just means "getting rid of." In this case, it means getting rid of extra solvent, though it may or not be as effective as some may think.

19. so to decarboxylate my qwiso i would need to heat my oil or something? will it not get me high now, or is this just so i get more high?

20. I might get you a little high, if all you do is eat it. However, by decarboxylating it, it turns it into a form usable by your body. When THC is smoked, the flame does the decarboxylating, but when eating it, there isn't a flame. Many recommend heating it to a certain temp for a certain time, then eating it. It would allow all the unusable cannabinoids to become usable and easily digestible.

Go type "decarboxylating" into the search bar, it's been covered many times.