best jobs with a GED

Discussion in 'General' started by MotaVerde, Jun 28, 2011.

1. I'm trying to get hired at a call center (for customer service, not sales calls) around here they make at least $10 an hour.

2. Go apply at belfor property restoration... Start as a laborer but lots of room to move up and make more $$... Min wage in Canada is 10 sumthin I feel bad for u bro

3. Whats with the get a college degree and BAM you get a job, I have multiple friends with degrees who still can't find shit ! Try signing up with a H-A and they will find you something that fits your needs.

4. We're no help at all? You specifically stated that you didnt complete traditional highschool and you have no special skills....What exactly do you want us to say? I mean,check out McDonald's or a construction site.

5. When I was 17 and in grade 11 two years ago I was making $11.25 per hour makin' wings. Move to Ontario, minimum is $10.25.

6. #47 Syn4life, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Every kitchen I've worked in my past few years has been exactly how he described it. Definitely not a boring job and they are everywhere. Could be a good place to start looking

7. 33.50 an hour...... High school diploma..... Can't say where I work though....but because of the economy were no longer hiring, bummer

8. #49 McIron Lungs, Jul 5, 2011
    Unless ur parents hired u I'm callin bs since u wnt say whete

9. i know right? why not spill haha

10. I dropped out of HS and got GED as well. --- had wrong friends which I regret still to this day.
    BUT I never had a problem finding a job.
    I've only had a few interviews before getting hired because most of them wanted me to start the next day.
    I started as cashier at dunkin donuts making minimum wage back in the day.
    7 years later, I have finished 2 year program from Mannes music - New school
    And just a couple of classes away from qualifying CPA seat. - BS in ACCT
    Now full-time assistant manager at a hotel.

11. #52 Tihspeed, Jul 5, 2011
    Call all the bs you want.....my income is public knowledge...hint, hint....even my local elected official said I make too much, he demanded my entire department be fired and rehired at 50% pay

12. Then why can't you say where you work?

Give me a legitimate reason.

13. And I make 10x what you make with my organic chemistry degree and I'm only 25.

You see?

No one likes a show off.

Stop that.

Makes you feel bad.

14. $100 an hour going rate as a freelance computer tech. I haven't gotten my GED yet (although high school only didn't work out because of medical stuff and my counsellor was a dick). Marketing is hard as a freelance, but you can make a week's worth of income in just a few hours.

Really though, you should apply for grants, get a loan, and go to college. Make sure your loan can cover living expenses before take it out and you'll be fine and fed. I'm going in the fall, no reason you can't. Welfare can help too if you can get on it.

15. And a High School Diploma shows that your a lazy fuck right? :rolleyes:

16. #57 iriefirie, Jul 6, 2011
    Obvious sarcasm...zippideezap!

17. so now its a cock and balls show. Hey, OP, long story short there are opportunities out there for people that are truly motivated, get in with the right bunch of guys, be the first one to show up in the morning, and the last one to leave at night. Never bitch nor complain and you will quickly become indispensable. if you are workin for the right guy, he or she will find work for you, that can translate into buying more equipment, requesting overtime, or paying for training. Things are a little different without a formal education but at least you won't end up stabbing someone with your stapler.

18. Waking a thread that's been sleeping for 3 months.. OP, whats new? Did any opportunities rise up? :smoke:

19. A pizza delivery driver for papa john's.

LULULUL