Nervous System in plants

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by MasterOG, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Or the plants have evolved for their adaptations...Just like how the venus flytrap can eat insects and such with it's aroma to attract insects. It -most likely- doesn't conscientiously do it, it just does it.

2. You should watch that whole documentary, really interesting find. But yes, I agree that the plant isn't consciously doing it, at least not in the way we define conscious. If you subscribe to the idea of there being a collective consciousness though, that all humans minds are like cells, connected and operating as one overarching organism, than perhaps any intelligence that the plant contains is held collectively as a species.

If a wave in the sea was conscious, would it be aware that it was part of the ocean?

There are plenty of examples where animals seem to be in touch with this non local mind, take birds flying in a flock for example. Not one bird leads, its almost as if they all are synched in to exactly how and where they should fly, or change direction. Many animals in groups seem to exhibit these patterns. Just because something doesn't display intelligence in the way we understand it, doesn't mean it couldn't exist in some other more subtle form.

3. I think the wave and flocking animals are a bad example.

The flocking animals part is a learned trait through the ages to not get picked off from predators(adaptation/evolution). Those in front and those flying fast and together are least likely to be attacked. Not to mention it reduces the amount of work they have to do with less drag caused by the flying V formations.

If there is a subtle intelligence, then the next question would be "How can we measure it?"

I don't think I could sit through a 2 hour movie, but I have to go to work. Maybe later.

4. Water is conscious. For it is LIFE.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8]Water Consciousness & Intent: Dr. Masaru Emoto[/ame]

5. What if a plants definition of conciousness is different than ours? It's possible

6. huh?? IR camera =/= humans... I was simply showing an example of a response to stimuli that doesn't at all require thought nor knowledge, thus demonstrating my point

7. What tissues would a plant use to achieve consciousness?

8. That most likely would have happened regardless.

9. #69 MasterOG, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Shit idk, maybe it's not all about tissue

Probably

10. wow I swear if every fucking self claiming expert began talking that way, I might actually pay more attention to them, very well said. I can see the wisdom runs strong in this one,,,,

oh ya in regards to apologizing to plants, trees are plants as well no?;) :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_JPcBwYGmo]YouTube - ‪Tree hugging moonbats crying over trees‬‏[/ame]

11. that bitch was crazy bro lol

12. fixed. I was thinking something a bit more clinical but crazy works

13. [​IMG]

14. #75 MasterOG, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hahah

15. had to read it all to find out what has been said, which for my knowledge is everything. truly amazing stuff though. plants figured it out long long <in a galaxy far far away> before us. maybe they don't communicate how we perceive it, but they are definitely in the loop, can acknowledge, feel, for sure breathe. go earth!!

if it wasnt late and i wasnt tired you would soon see a giant picture of captain planet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. plants are awsome amazing things but its silly to say they think

17. You missed the middle paragraph.