Started my first grow and any suggestions would be great !! Thanks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Donk0420, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I started my first grow a month and a half ago and will post some pics and any suggestions would be great. I planted 6 skunk seeds from a good bag that I saved the seeds from. I used a mixture of miracle grow starter dirt mixed with a bag of pearlite, and miracle grow potting soil. I am using 1 scoop of miracle grow plant food to one gallon of water every other day or so between the 3 ladies.
    I seem to have to water twice a day due to the heat down south. I was planning on using super bloom as soon as I see buds starting to pop. Any suggestions or tips would be great. I will post pics shortly..

2. [​IMG]

Just started pics

3. [​IMG]

more current

4. [​IMG]

Newest pic far back

5. [​IMG]

close up shot

6. Any thoughts? Thanks

7. Looking sweet, try tying the branches down they will grow longer, thats awesome though just started my first grow hope they turn out like this!

8. I had some slight insect issues right off the bat since they are outdoor but organic fruit insect spray has been working pretty good. Started using it immediately and haven't seen anything since. Does anyone know when they should start showing buds since it's only June right now.

9. In the next couple of weeks probably :)

10. #10 GreenBringer11, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    First grow?

You are da man. Those are some beautiful plants.

You'll get some flowering inn the next week or so.

Summer solstice is next week and the NATURAL 12/12 cycle will trigger the bud.

Nice work. I'll be following.

11. When should I start using super bloom?
    As soon as I start seeing the buds or sooner?

12. You can start now or whenever you see them, probably won't make a difference, your so close to budding anyway.

13. Sweet thanks guys I'll start on Monday and add nutes every other day or so.

14. Is that what it says on the nutes because that sounds a bit much, also if you want to start budding now you can try fox farms open sesame but there's probably no point at this stage and if you start nutes now it will promote bud growth.

15. I'll read it later but what do you think. Like once a week or more?
    It's very hot down here and seems like I have to water twice a day.
    Is that over watering or is that about right?

16. Thats good twice a day is fine, make sure the water is tepid or luke warm aswell if its cold it shocks the roots and exactly what it says on the packet if I was you I would probably put in 1-2ml, no more, per gallon and water half in morning and half in evening on the monday of every week. But it's important that you stop 2 weeks before you harvest your girls to give it time to get everything artificial out of it's system. You will be fine you have done a great job already! And remember when it comes to nutes, less is more. You don't want chemical burn at this stage in your grow! :smoke:

17. #17 GreenBringer11, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Over watering is only possible if you give the plant water when the roots do not have enough time time to aerate. That means the soil is a huge factor. Good soil will have good drainage, retain a level of moisture for a day or so, and bring air to the roots.

Simply put, water when the plant tells you. If you see slight wilting then it's time to water.

You can also use your finger to test the soil for how much water it is retaining.

18. Thanks for the info.
    I used alot of perlite and it drains very well. I think that mixed with the extreme heat dries them out quickly. I assume if I start over watering I will notice a change in color or something but so far so good.
    Just ready to see some sticky icky.

19. I just added a privacy wall with some climbing vines to help conceal. I hope it works ok. Luckily my neighbors are young college girls so hopefully they won't give a damn.

Attached Files:

20. Also I have been using this organic pest control. Does anyone have experience using this or something similar? My only worry is that it uses natural plant oils and smells very strong I don't want my plants keeping that odor. Also picked up this super bloom for flowering. Is this good stuff?

Attached Files: