Global Cooling - Mini Ice Age coming to a town near you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Who's talking about "crippling economies"?! Most people I know who support alternative energies are talking about federal initiatives aimed at getting the solar/wind movement to really take off. This can be accomplished through subsidies and tax credits; there's no need for some heavy-handed carbon tax.

2. The Federal government, MSM, Goldman Sachs... they've been proposing carbon credits, cap & tax and geo-engineering since they started the fear mongering.

Giving tax breaks to alternative energy companies would be fine with me, but the establishment expects to gain a lot more from this crisis.

3. Just gotta put this out there. A few people in this thread have made this mistake.

It's not anthropomorphic climate change. It's anthropogenic climate change.

Anthropomorphic means having human characteristics. Anthropomorphic climate change would be if climate change had emotion or wore shoes or spoke a language or something like that.

You'd have to be an idiot (or a religious nut) to believe in anthropomorphic climate change.

Anthropogenic means being of human origin. Big difference.

4. #104 Bridgers, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
    I don't need to convince anyone of human induced climate change, it will eventually convince you of it's existence. It convinced me all I had to do was read both sides of the story and view the evidence that both sides put up and seeing that we have got it right with about a 95% accuracy was good enough for me. You'll all get there in the end.

The world will recover, time scales for the planet are huge, this is just a blip, climate has changed due to non human forces in the past and the planet recovered. This is just the same we may lose a few million along the way, hopefully a billion or 2 would be nice.

I mean we could do with a fewer people on the planet anyhow. I'm starting to feel that the crazy Americans that live in the middle of nowhere and think that we may be wiped out and have bunkers and canned goods all over the place, have the right idea!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?deskto...2&list=PL240C6251FAEBE70F&v=oyW-1PRtJdE&gl=US

5. so wait, you do believe man came from ape?
    because other ogranisms came from other organisms?

correct me if I am wrong

tell me how come ape dont continue evolving into humans, why dont we see monkeys evoloving into humans.

try and speak in plain english if possible, as english is not everyone's first language, and no point in speaking paragraphs when a few sentences will do...

just a thought.

6. Holyfuckingtrollmaterial.

And on the other hand, you'd be A OK with everyone getting tax breaks. tax breaks for all. Woot :smoke:

7. I'd even support a government scheme that preferred alternative energy over conventional so long as it didn't make oil/coal more expensive.

8. -joins threads to troll agitate and provoke negative responces
    -fails 99/100 times.

talk about trollmaterial indeed.