Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can a minor get in trouble for attempting to buy a pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokers, Jun 17, 2011.

1. I live in Colorado, outside Denver. Headshops are a different story but I have yet to see a gas station that sells glassware with its petroleum.

2. #22 COMP10, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    mmhmm

3. you couldnt get in trouble for trying to buy a pipe, but you could for posting on a website thats for adults... its a felony in some states... just saying, not that it applies to you, right ? ;)

4. My local paraphernalia shop sells me everything. I look about 12.

5. Up in Canada I've never seen a gas station that sells pipes or any other glass. The only thing they sell is papers and cigarettes.

6. Guess i live in the "whitest voice ever" ghetto.

7. If they try and card you just be like i left it out in the car. That's what i did before i was 18, once u walk out just don't go back in hahaha.

8. no. they probably just wont sell it to the "minor"

9. I remember I was at a gas station and asked this guy who looked like he might smoke to buy a lighter and he said "sorry you have to be 18" so I payed for my drink and left and on the way out I looked in my bag and found 3 packs of matches. That guy was a bro to me afterwards.

10. (you forgot this part)
    And then force you to tell them your phone number and call your mom.

11. Gas stations can't compete with almost every variety store round these parts.

12. Really is it that rare for gas station to sell glass I though it was normal

13. I've never seen a gas station sell glass in my part of Ontario. Only convenience stores and headshops.

14. Haha I remember having to do with to get cigarettes back in the day. Would get really annoying by the 3rd gas station :rolleyes:. Thank God for the asian-station tobacco store that used to sell to everyone; still the best prices nowadays :p.

Anyways, to the OP-
    I've got my ticket from when I got in trouble for my minor marijuana charges. The ticket has these check boxes next to every misdemeanor charge they can give you related to tobacco, alcohol & marijuana. ***There is no law against attempting to buy tobacco products/paraphernalia UNLESS you try to buy it with a fake ID. There is a law against them selling you a pipe though, and they would get a $500 ticket for selling it to you if they got caught somehow. This is why most places are going to card you. Btw, this is in North Carolina. It could be different if you live in Canada or something.

Btw, only a few gas stations around here sell glass. The asian-station tobacco store and the smoker friendly's sell bowls, but that's about it. They also charge to much. Headshops be the way to go.

15. Depends on location, but no they can not. The store can get in shit if they sell it though.

16. If you're not a minor than why are you worrying about it

17. i would say "go for it," just make sure it's not a corporate gas station like "exxon," if it's owned by a chill indian guy then it's worth a shot.

18. my local flee market sells everything youd need and they sell to anyone, and i mean anyone

19. yeah it really just depends
    i remember a couple years ago was seventeen at the time and was hanging with my buddie after a couple bowls we went to a juggalo/srh/headshop well my friend said he was gonna go check out the pipes in the back so i was alone in the store by myself when the guy who wroked there told me i could come back there too ended up smoking weed with the guy that worked there and bought my self a nice hatchetman piece it was awesome:hello::smoke:

20. From stories I've heard sometimes they'll try to push a pipe they wanna get rid of on you if they think you aren't old enough. But no you can't get in trouble. You'll have your best luck at gas stations and mom & pop type stores. And if you at least look old-ish enough it helps.