How much will a 5 Gallon DWC bucket Yield

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pasck, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Hey everybody, i just got done making 2 5 gallon bucket dwc systems. I'm using 2 5 inch air stones at the bottom of each bucket. Im going to use cutting edge nutrients and grow purple widow. Im in the process of building a grow tent that will be about 5 feet tall and I'll be using 12 23watt cfl's. Does anybody have any idea how much i might yield? Any suggestions will be much appreciated as this is my first grow and I want to learn as much as possible.

2. depends on a lot of factors obviously.

however, if you scrog or lst i'm sure you will only increase your yield.

3. with cfl's you can expect anywhere between a half to a zip per plant, adding an hps during flowering might yield you 1-2 zips per plant.

4. Yea i forgot to mention that i plan on doin scrog.

5. Also would a 150 hps with cfls as sidelighting make a difference on 2-3 plants or should i just go with a 400 hps?

6. scrog is a means of plant training, it really doesnt help increase yield. depending on the size of the space you have available for your grow really depends on how much light you need.. get an hps and use cfl for supplimental lighting no matter which size hps you decide to go with. 2-3 plants you should be alright with a 250w hps and cfl sidelighting.

7. I thought that doing a scrog grow increases your yield because more bud sites get light when they are in the screen.

8. this is partially true. yes it opens up the canopy so the bud sites get more light, which does increase yield slightly, as compared to growing with no training.

9. thanks for your help so far but i have one more question. Is it at all possible to veg with an hps and 6500k cfls without a bunch of stretching?

10. LST during the veg stage, and when you begin your flowering you are going to get stretching, that is what the screen is for, so you can control the stretch and keep the canopy even..

11. i think i have to disagree with this. scrog is used exactly for the reason of increasing yield. in tiny grow spaces the small space does not allow for a large plant and therefore scrog allows one to train the plant for larger yields. also, there are many people without space limitations who still scrog to increase yield.

in actuality, there's really no reason at all of using scrog except to increase one's yield.