Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quit my Job after 3.5 Days

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Husky42, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I love your user name.

2. #22 xsouthparkx, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    Yeah dude I had a soul crushing job were I was the one handling the angry customers. It fucking sucked to say the least. I worked there for 3 months before I quit. Terrible place to work, everyone yelling at me putting me down everyday. It fucked with me.

EDIT:
    OMG LOOK! My post count says 666!!!
    I AM THE ANTICHRIST!!!
    [​IMG]

3. I've done this several times in my youth. Trust me, you saved yourself alot of grief. Reporting for work and absolutely hating it is not good for your mental health. Props to you my friend for realizing it before you became another lifeless drone.

4. #24 Mogwai, Jun 11, 2011
    Man, 3 or 4 days isn't long enough to really know if you'll feel a job or not in my opinion. It can take a few weeks before you get the swing of shit and really know one way or the other. But hey, it's your job so it's your call

With the economy the way it is, I wouldn't suggest quitting one job until you've got another though. Depends how your area is doing though. I had one job that FUCKING SUCKED. It was in a nursing home making food for old people. All of them were on special diets and we had to chop their food up and do all this shit.. Only for them to never eat it. Half of them I swear got a huge kick out of making as much of a mess possible while NOT EATING SHIT. It was also my job to clean the dishes, tables, and everything. It was horrible, minimum wage, and I couldn't take it more than 2 months before I finally said fuck it and walked out when I got a call for an interview.

An interview to a job I didn't get, and I've been unemployed since.

5. The least time I kept a job was 2 months. At Subway. The guy I ALWAYS worked with didn't speak English and talked to me like I was 5. He never did work and was standing around when 20 customers came in at once. So I quit during a unbelievable rush and took all the money out of the tip jar.

6. Worst job I ever had was when I came home from Cali after getting discharged EAS from the Marines. Took a Security job at a Public Housing Project in our capital. I'd run my rounds and dodge used needles and condoms in the stairwells. The place smelled of rust and urine and to top it off, most of the residents were gang bangers. Lasted a couple of months then walked off after I was relieved.

7. #27 Husky42, Jun 11, 2011
    +
    See I think it is a lot easier for me to go right back out of work, I've really not worked for an employer for 3 years, gone to school and just done my own shit. I was supposed to have a guaranteed thing going after college and well.. Like a fuckup i relied on that guaranteed.

Even now as I get sued for unpaid medical bills I really kinda sit back and go, meh ill find something I enjoy.

Believe it or not, one thing I like doing even though its shitty ass pay is delivering pizza. The reason I took the other job was primarily around the delivery aspect of it, but when i found out the commercial end was so damn slow and how delivery was done combined with everything else i just knew i would hate it and already had hated so much about it. While I needed the job, in a way..these big commercial place jobs are ALWAYS hiring, Fred Meyers, Safeway, Autozone, O'rielly's, burger king etc.. And they are ALL the same in retention and turn over. none of the non management in the store had been there longer then 6 mths...

And honestly, the only reason I stayed passed the orientation day was to see if it would get any better. The trainer in orientation said one thing that I remembered everyday I woke up: If you wake up hating this place and not wanting to come in and not like your normal oh i dont want to go to work bullshit - Do not come in, your only hurting yourself and the company. And that is exactly how I felt. I've done the miserable at a job for many many years (job was Fred Meyers for 3 years) I recognized that this would have been the same and walked away from it.

And yea, I could have kept the job a month or two, but what good would that have done me or the company? I knew that I would not be a long term employee after they hired me not before so I did what was right.

8. You find a new job before you quit the old one. You're doing life wrong.

9. Says who? There are certain principles followed by certain generations.

The above is pure bullshit.

If you start a brand new job, and have zero desire to be at that job, it is always best to leave early if you can afford it.

10. #30 LETTUCE CHIEF, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    youre wrong for telling someone else how they should live life, carrothead.

11. Whatever. It's irresponsible. Must be nice to not have to worry about feeding yourself. The real world is harsh; you do what you have to do to survive even if the job sucks.

As for the namecalling, grow up :)

12. I would if I absolutely hated the job. But gotta make that money.

I also live with my mom so it's probably entirely different if I was supporting myself. I'd find another job before quitting.

13. I think you pretty much summarized it up in your first post. You didn't like the job so you left but you felt financially secure enough to do so.

It's like your decision, man.

14. dental is huge man...i feel ya

15. Don't be a bitch, you're lucky you even got a job. A lot of people can't find one.

16. He obviously has someone else paying the rest of his bills so it's easy for him to do this. It's nice having mommy and daddy pay your way.

17. Just go find a new job and get that dough.

18. Aha thanks, was certainly oiled up when I made it.

Guys it's not the end of the world if he's supported by someone else, I had plenty of financial support from my parents while I donked around for a while. Made a career out of what I was donking around with, go figure.

19. You know what, I quite resent that.

I've busted my ass and I have quite the nice amount of education to show for it.

Secondly "Carrot head" I supported myself since I was 15 - Sure i had help when I needed it, but I worked and paid my way.

And getting a job is fucking easy.. just apply and actually look like you are worth a damn on paper. I accepted this offer as I thought it looked fun, I had other offers that I decided i did not want after all. Was gonna get back into selling cars, got the offer to go sell Honda's and decided against it.

If you ever need a quick buck, car sales will ALWAYS be there. Sold car's for 3 1/2 years at one place, made bank but that dealership was bought out and we were not retained - nice severance though.

Fuck it was good money, maybe I will go sell cars, if not just for maybe a month or two and make about $6 grand.

20. If you are paying your own way in life and not relying on others then I stand corrected and please accept my apologies. If someone else is paying your way then what I said stands.