HUGE explosion on the Sun on June 7, 2011

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Superjoint, Jun 8, 2011.

1. #21 SIRSOG, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha wow type fail, I meant blackout

2. I was about to say... seems like I would have heard about that lol

and/or been sucked into it :cool:

3. We don't understand the sun much yet, but some scientist suggest that when the sun has a rise in activity, it directly affects us. Such as earthquakes, if there is one in a few days or a week, then it will probably be related to this. There was a post on here a while back that had a chart of the sun and the times it flared up, linked to events that happened on Earth. So many incidents in fact, that you couldn't put it off as coincidence, it's just something we don't understand yet.

4. They have also come to find a great deal of life on this planet(the ones not so much effected would be the deep water species that havent changed evolution in...hundreds of thousands of years) is vastly effected by radiation coming from a star very very very far away from us, and they are coming to believe it MAY be the cause of what we understand to be evolution.....

Everything, literally, in the universe effects us..... At one point, everything was clusters of elements and radiation and jets of energy going every which way, and somehow, we came from it, as did everything else, there is an underlying connection to all and everything.... its really epic HAHAHAHAHHA

5. It has been extremely hot where i live in canada these past few days plus some insane electrical storms that we do not normally get, ever. Theyve been getting worse and worse and are startin to freak me out. Somehow related to the suns activity maybe?

6. looks like the gravity pulled it back in though.

7. >implying you can see the radiation
    [​IMG]

8. Hi,

The above video shows the Sun in the ultraviolet (304 Angstroms for those playing at home, quite a bit bluer than what the eye can naturally see) and is colored orange to make it easy to see. The folks at Helioviewer put together a close-up looking at even higher energy; it's still UV but at 171 Angstroms.