Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Driving While Hotboxing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kronikkk, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Clearly being high is not being drunk. No argument there. Are you saying it's ok to drive stoned?

2. i do this all the time! lol
    but we hotbox then we crack the windows every few mins

3. Done it several times but only on backroads,but hotboxing in a chill parkin spot is even better.

4. I'd much rather fishbowl in a parked car but I feel like way to much of a sitting duck depending on where I'm at. I've done it before though around town and on long trips with people. I live in a decriminalized state though where pot is just a ticket and it feels safer being able to open those windows and get the smoke out. Sitting in a car if a cop pulls up on ya with out you notice and turns them lights on then your sitting in a car FULL of weed smoke and I don't enjoy rolling down my window and attacking a cop with a cloud of weed smoke ha

5. Yes that is what I am saying. Learn to drive first then it wont be so hard.

6. #26 Alrex, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm with the op the quote on this one

Even though driving drunk is different, driving high is completely stupid.

I've pulled too many mangled kids, adults, babies, seniors, and dead animals from cars. They weren't the ones toking, it was the idiot behind the wheel with bong fragments on their dash, fresh roaches and pipes all over the car with the smell of stale smoke lingering and their eyes more red than christmas.

Idiots like this give them a reason to keep it illegal.

I used to toke and drive around my ambulance, sometimes helicopters stoned until I realized how stupid I was being.

Btw DUI means driving under influence
    Meaning: driving while intoxicated or consumed illegal drugs. Aka marijuana

7. lol wtf come on now. thats just stupid.

8. The only reason I would advise against this is because you can get a DUI for driving and smoking. If they're anywhere near the penalties for drinking and driving it's definitely not worth it. Just wait til you get home?

9. I only do it when I'm drunk:eek:

10. i agree, i will only do it on the highway. but in cities, towns, and suburbs it's a very bad a idea, IMO. how many people box cigarettes? even when it's super cold or raining you see the window down at least a little. if a car is completely fogged up, regardless of if they think you may or may not be smoking they could simply pull you over because they think the smoke will blue your sight only to realize you are getting high and get arrested.

the one time i did box in a city was NYC cuz there was pretty heavy traffic with popo on every corner and we were baking the fuck out smoking mad blunts. if the windows were down the 5-0 would have smelt it coming from our car with the windows down driving at 10 mph or less lol.

11. fuck hotboxing. me and my girl go on multiple hour burn cruises all the time(4-8blunts) we just crack the window or open the sunroof n get tan lol and stick to big ass neighborhoods and stay off the main roads. once we got pulled over, she lit a newport and the cop didnt say a thing about weed, be smart about shit people.

12. well I mean its not hotboxing if you roll the windows down

anyway, when I roll and bowl I keep all the windows up while hitting it (so the lighter works) and then when I exhale I crack the window just a bit to create a vacuum and suck that shit straight out the window. I've done it all over my moderatley large city, on the interstate, pretty much anywhere you'd consider doing it. Last summer, because we had no permanent shelter to smoke in my friends and I did it so much that if we got in the car to go simply from point A to point B in town we'd load a bowl up and toke...just gotta be aware. The only roads I don't like smoking on are state highways that go through little towns...they're speed traps and cops lurk on the one or 2 intersections that are in said towns just to fuck you up for speeding and having bud in the car sketches me out

13. Well it depends how much you are hot boxing. I can usually see through smoke fine and you can't see the smoke in my car while i am chiefing. But if you are smoking super tough then it might get to the point where the smoke gets super thick. But for the most part its usually just trapping the smell. I wouldn't hot box and drive because if you get pulled over you are fucked. Just roll down the windows and chief away bro.

14. my friends do it all the time. its really isnt that hard or unsafe. i use to hotbox while driving a manual car, even that wasnt that hard.

15. just no. use common sense.

16. Ive done it a few times, just don't go on any major roads and you will be fine.

17. lol, it must depend on where you live. all i do is hotbox my blunts while im driving and i've never actually got stopped while smoking. i just turn the AC on low so the car doesnt get foggy. I think parking and smoking is more dangerous in my opinion just because where i live, if a cop sees a car parked with 2 or 3 heads in it at 11pm, he's gonna point his light and he's gonna walk up to us.

18. Hotbox, then drive around with the windows down for a bit and spray something if your really paranoid.

19. Ahahaaha

20. This works really well although it is also very risky if you don't know how to do it. I personally don't advise it (I'd recommend vaping all the way, but I understand that's not an option sometimes), but if you are going to do it, here is how you do it right:
    1. To avoid smelling up/smoking up the car, make sure you are actually driving around, WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN! This airs it out. I also recommend exhaling out of the window (if it's dark out) or into a sweatshirt or spoof (if it is daytime). Some people like to put their head near knee height when taking hits so that people cannot see them (namely cops), but that is your call. Keep in mind that a lighter may be easily visible in a totally dark night/car.
    2. Make sure you are driving around in an obscure location, preferably at night. When my friends and I do this, we always do midnight or later, in very out of the way locations. DON'T do it on a highway or right in the center of town. Country roads or neighborhoods are ideal.
    3. Make sure you don't speed! This is the easiest way to get pulled over, and don't think that you will be able to hide the smell and your highness and the piece from him. Obviously, try to avoid other bad driving practices that will draw attention to you such as swerving, etc. Playing excessively loud music or yelling or other generally unruly behaviour is also not recommended as it will attract attention to you.
    4(optional). Get an air freshener, or some Ozium (super powered Febreeze to eliminate the odor). Ozium can be purchased at car stores like Auto Zone, and my local Walgreen's even carries it. I recommend the pine tree air fresheners because they are extremely strong. This step is mainly just for peace of mind and a little extra smell insurance if that is a concern for you.
    5(optional). Consider the fabric of the interior of the car you will be hotboxing. The general consensus on the internet seems to be that leather seats don't retain smell as much and that hotboxing fabric seats should be avoided. I personally always hotbox in cars with fabric seats and follow the guidelines above and have never had any problem, but this is something to consider.

That was long, I apologize, but I wanted to cover it as thoroughly as I could. Peace :D