My First Outdoor Fast Harvest Experiment.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kalabora, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Yeah it's like a gallon for every foot you want your plant to grow.

2. I think that's what the mop buckets are.

3. Well as soon as I get my mind made up on what to transplant them to (guess I should go ahead and put them in their final pots) and do it I will post more pictures.

4. #24 Kalabora, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    Went ahead and decided to move the small one because I really wanted to get it out of that tiny pot it was in. I transplanted when the soil was fairly dry and stuck together in the shape of the pot. The entire contents of the pot came out in one piece, and the plant was watered with distilled water and placed back outside. Least this will give me a little more time to find a larger container to put it in. The best thing I have right now is a four gallon bucket that industrial size laundry detergent (powder kind) comes in and I'm saving that for the bigger one. My plan for this plant is for some aggresive LST and possibly a few other plant training techniques later on. By the way I named this plant Mysteek when it sprouted just thought I'd put that detail in since this is my grow journal and all. Peace :gc_rocks:

Mysteek (Day 15_Sprouted on 05-19-2011)

[​IMG]

5. #25 Kalabora, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  6. I'm subbed.

Beware those semi-opaque pots, they let a little too much light in. Grab black ones when you can. You'll be surprised how cheap they are at your local nursery.

Second negative comment - best to keep the plants as centred as possible in the pots when re-potting, even if you have to shake off some soil to do so.

Overall, looking good. Looking slightly yellow, though, so be wary of adding nutes yet. Might be too much fert in the soil.

7. No nutes besides what is in the soil. Mysteek(smaller plant) has more potting soil so I only have to water her about three to four days apart. But big momma (the first plant haven't came up with a name yet) has way lest potting soil and sucks the water out of her dirt very quickly having to water almost everyday, but it has been getting upto 97 degrees here everyday hot and humid. Will be transplanting big momma today. Should I go ahead and tie her down a bit shes on third true leaf set... Oh and yeah on Mysteek for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to put her to the side of the pot instead of center. I was high and had some wierd notion that i could make her grow in a circle canopy using LST. Like i said I was ripped lol we'll see how it goes. Pics after transplat and hopefully a better name for big momma coming today.
    :)

8. That might not be a silly idea. Usually, plant near the centre of the pot, but for LST, you might be right. Be interesting to see.

9. Rite on. I was thinking I'd LST it pretty early and make it spiral around the pot. Or at least that's what I'm wanting to try to do.

10. lookin good!

11. I would never be able to pull off a 12/12 from seed outdoor grow. I would get stoned and forget to move the plants indoor and back outside at the same time every day for 80 days.

I feel if I mess up the schedule a few times it may hermie on me. But ohhh i want to grow outside :)

Nice little baby plant :wave:

12. You can always set an alarm on your cell phone to help remember to move them. Between my husband and I we do ok, and I've never had a hermie in the two 40 plant grows where I moved them into dark every night. It was a freaking pain in the ass to move that many plants all the time. This year I'm doing moving 6 in and out of a tool shed, but leaving the rest to flower in their own time.

13. Thanks, Captn!
    Thanks, Evil. Hell your 12/12 journal inspired me to do this grow. BTW wanted to add that I'm germinating one more seed for this grow figured might as well take advantage of this time of year. Plus I think I could get away with one more and supposedly this seed is from some killer smoke my bro had think he said it cost him like $40 a gram.

Believe it or not that is exactly how I keep up with mine. I use the alarm on an old cell phone.

14. Transplant Complete
    Damn, that was stressfull hopefully more on me than on her. That bitch had ALOT of roots. I tried to take it out of the old pot and the bottom 1/3 of the dirt fell off and there were a ton of roots all the way down there im glad I transplanted she obviously needed it. I just hope I didn't screw anything up. Well anyway I'm waiting for the pics to upload to photobucked then I will have pics of her in her new (and final) home.

15. Let me know how she looks in her new pot.

Day 13 (After a much needed transfer to her final home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back Outside

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I'm also wondering if this plant food would be very benificial at a later time. Wondering if that's a good mixture of nutes...

[​IMG]

Not adding yet. Just wondering if it would be worth it.

17. Might be good for flowering :confused_2:

18. That's what I was thinking. Just seems like in the past ive seen more of a 20-20-20 mix recommended on the forums...not positive I may be wrong.

19. No, thats for veg. For flowering you want your last to numbers (p-k) to be higher. What you have there looks like it would be fine.

20. Yeah that's for bloom. You need a higher first number for veg.