My First Outdoor Fast Harvest Experiment.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kalabora, Jun 3, 2011.

1. #1 Kalabora, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Day 11
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my first outdoor grow experimenting with the 12/12 seed to maturity technique. This plant is a bagseed from a bag of mid grade. I have it get 12 hours of sunlight a day then I put it in a dark box the other 12 hours of the 24 hour period. In my opinion I think it is growing very well. I'm also wondering if those are tricromes developing on the leaves? Any imput, advice, or critizism is welcome. And the reason i'm doing 12/12 so early is because im not sure how long ill be in this location. Plus i just want some good buds not to crazy about having huge plants in my yard, but none the less a good yield would be nice.

2. I like outdoor 12/12 grows. They still get the strong light from the sun, but more control like an indoor grow. Hope it turns out female. That would be disappointing to grow all that time to end up with nothing. Good luck.

PS - Are you going to transplant to a bigger pot soon? That makes a huge different. Especially when growing from seed because they get a big root system.

3. Looks good bro, she's (wishful thinking) lookin healthy

4. Yeah I'm gonna put in something bigger in the next few days to a week.

Thanks man. Yeah I'm hopeing it's a female. If it's not no big deal I'm just getting started when I move i'll have more room and a storage building to transform into a nice grow room.:smoke:

5. #5 Kalabora, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Haha! I just noticed that in the third picture the clock on my stove reads 12:12 kinda crazy i think cuz how the main thing about this grow is trying out the 12/12 from seed to harvest. I think evil did a grow journal on this type of grow a while back. Sorry ramble ramble....:bongin:

Also I'm wondering since the leaves are glossy and are already showing sugar crystal like tricromes does that mean this plant has a good chance of being a female...since i'm thinking (because of the crystals) the plant must already be doing decent on THC production...at least better than I think a male would.

6. Great scott! Sorry, i've just always wanted to say that.
    But still, thats kinda cool

7. Shows you how stoned I am. I was sitting here trying to figure out if twelve twelve is a real time. It just didn't sound right, lol.

The crystals are a good sign I'd say.

8. Yeah just one of those crazy little things that amaze you when your baked :D

9. Right on man. :hello: I know what you mean...:smoking:

10. Going to try to take some good high quality pictures with digital camera today and try to hold steady when i take these so the look better than the last!

11. New pics in 20 min. Also adding some pics of another plant I have.

12. [​IMG]

Here some of my other plant that has grown in the exact same conditions as the one i've been showing off. Included is a pic of both of them side by side for comparison. And the smaller plant is two days older than the bigger one assuming it's strain related because both are from mid grade bagseeds.

[​IMG]

Side by side...

[​IMG]

13. Could be pot size on the smaller one too. Going to transplant both soon.

14. I have to ask....why do you keep them on the stove? The small one could be female. The ones that lag behind are usually female, and the ones that look the healthiest and biggest tend to be male. Not always but it's a good hint to go by before they show sex. But in your case it could have a lot to do with the tiny pot.

15. I'm just showin yall whats cookin. LOL, no i just bring them inside to take pictures of them cause I feel paranoid going out into my yard , and being seen taking photographs of "something" and raise suspicion. Next time I'll sit them on the table lol. Yeah that's what I've been thinking about the fast growers usually being male. I'm thinking a good transplant tomorrow...possibly tonight if I can get out of something that I'm supposed to go do tonite. Will take pictures after transplanting. Thinking I'm gonna put the small plant in one of those big foldgers coffee cans (for now), and I'm not sure what to put the bigger one as of yet that will fit into the dark box.

16. You should find a 3 or 4 gallon bucket or tub and drill some holes into the bottom and transplant them straight into that, depending on how big you want them you can even use bigger pots than that. Transplanting too many times will slow down growth.

17. I got mop buckets from walmart for $1.50 each to start my younger plants in. That's a good option if your tight on cash. They aren't too big, but way better than a coffee can. I'm not sure how the plants would like the rust from being in a can. It might give them a nute burn.

18. That's not a bad idea about the mop buckets. And the coffee can is plastic, but idk still giving all options good thought before I take action.

19. i hear that the smallest u should go is 3 gal.