Smoking weed from BHO extraction

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by superman tokes, Jun 2, 2011.

1. You should just do a iso run or a 2nd bho run

2. ddue screw that let it sit in iso, (rubbing alchol with isophophyle) for like a day then drain an strian an evap, then the green black tar will hold a cleaner better smoking resin. ty good luck buddy

3. ... If you want to ruin the grade of your pot.

4. #24 bluedream420x, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I've always tossed mine, but a friend of mine did a run and lightly decarbed the leftovers to get off any excess butane and then froze the material for an hour. he then shook all of the material in his grinder to extract the keif. We toss the leftover leaf, but the keif is definitely worth smoking. I have come to the conclusion that it's worth it to do this, but I wouldn't smoke the actual leftover leaf. It tastes bad and takes a good amount to get you stoned. the keif will do the trick though! I'd keep it seperate from my regular stash of keif though and just smoke fat bowls of it.

5. I just toss mine now. I used to run them twice but I've realized it's not even worth the butane you're spraying, because it comes out looking like shit - assuming it was ran properly the first time.

6. [quote name='"koven"']I just toss mine now. I used to run them twice but I've realized it's not even worth the butane you're spraying, because it comes out looking like shit - assuming it was ran properly the first time.[/quote]

Then stop wasting butane and use isopropyl as your second run. Pretty simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I like the act of smoking just as much as i enjoy being high... I would smoke my BHO left overs. Roll a few grams into a nice cone. If it hadn't been run, it would destroy me.

8. bump,

I have been wondering about this as well and kept my ran stuff in a mason jar in case a new trick has been discovered to reuse this weed.

here is my experience, I do two runs, first run is awesome, second run gives back really low yield.. not really bad quality, its strong enough for me but not much comes back for the amount of butane you sprayed. I would not do a third run

for a 3rd run, I have tried qwiso, and it gives me a black oil, its decent , enough of it will get me high...(Im a beginner in oil) and most of my oil newb friends get high off it pretty fast and think its great ... only thing that sucks is its taste and smell, and it leaves a mess on my nail. but I haven't regularly been doing this because Im not sure if it is healthy to do ISO after BHO.

last thing I wanted to mention is, I have taken a look at this ran stuff under my microscope and there are definitely trichomes on it, not really full and complete usually just the stalks and not the head.

so , I might try getting keif out of how bluedream420x mentioned

9. ^Iso is pretty common for the second or third run after butane extraction, so no safety concerns there. As for the trichomes, the thing about butane extraction is it doesn't necessarily remove the trichomes, just the cannabinoids contained within. Therefore your bud could like nice and substantial without having a lot of useful stuff left. For everyone looking to do something with their leftover weed, I would recommend an iso extraction which is then added to some oil or butter for edibles, so much safer than chancing whatever is leftover in your spent buds.

10. old thread but my 2 cents. ive done it many times it wont hurt you its great when your in a pinch broke with no bud. if you take your mini microscope/magnifier you'll actually see theres trichs left even after a "proper" run

11. Save all the weed you blast cause you can blast it all again and get a second return. Although it may not be dab quality but its great for edibles! just remember to decarb ;)

12. DONT SMOKE IT GOT TONSILLITIS FROM IT!

I always dump my blasted material in a pan to dry before I discard it.  Sometimes there are trichomes left here and there so I use it for qwiso.  I would never smoke it tho. 

Will your bho completely purge itself at room temp or even a little warmer?  Your blasted material will be no different.

14. I know this is old, but would it work to try an ISO rinse of the used BHO buds? I do feel like I got everything. So if I rinsed and purged would it remove any butane that may remain?

15. Iso wash will work nicely to grab everything that's left. and if done frozen, can even result in some nice 2nd run shatter!

16. My answer above is to you by the way. Yes purging iso, boiling point of 180 degrees F, will guarantee that all butane is gone. Its boiling point is like 39 degrees F lol

17. stop spamming that shit

18. Can anyone post a picture of the trichomes and show me what bho washed weed looks like? Under a microscope if possible? People are selling washed weed in Canada these days ripping consumers off. I find it very hard to tell when it has been washed. Especially if it was nice product(flower) to begin with

19. I tried smoking my bud after only running one can of butane through about a quarter ounce of bud and it turned out successful...like another already said, it's about mids quality...but just a bowl gets me stoned and (to my understanding) butane evaporates at room temperature so there shouldn't be any (maybe traces) left in the bud... ‍♂️ I mean, I didn't grow a 3rd testicle or anything and feel perfectly normal (for me that's stoned)
    .....interestingly enough though, after only one can, a lot of THC from the buds at the beginning (top) of the extraction device weren't as potent as the ones at the end (bottom)...which I think suggests that the THC stripped from some of the bud settle other the buds down the processing line...I would usually run 2 cans through so only one can left the bud still somewhat rich in THC and I couldn't taste any trace of butane (not that it wasn't there, may have been, just not enough to notice at least)