AutoFlower Nutrients? NEED HELP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wrekstar, May 26, 2011.

1. Hey so i've research over the site but all i can find is nutrients from fox farm and other expensive brands, I went to my local shop and found brand value nutrients at NPK 6-6-6 and 5-5-5, anyone got a guide or info on autoflower nutrients?

Also i live in the UK and wondering if anyone lives here also to give me nutrient advice on local home stores and garden centres such as ' BNQ or HOMEBASE '

what should i start my plant off with?
    and when should i do it and how much?

I have used the search bar but i cant find results which compare to mine, please help : )

2. dont feed it for the first 3 or 4 weeks. the soil will take care of that. you should start with the fox farm trio of nutes.

3. I live in the UK and am growing autos as well. I looked around B&Q, Homebase and Wilkos but unfortunately couldn't find anything suitable in any of them I'm afraid. I ended up ordering Ionic Grow and Bloom online, they were about £7 each.

Be careful with the doseage though, my auto ak47's don't like anything higher then 1/4 dose. Ionic says add 7ml per litre of water, I just add 1.5ml.

4. How were your grows with that nutrient?
    im sure they must have things in them shops e.g plant food

5. I'm still on my first grow, 4 weeks to go, so I'll let you know then:p

You could always do what I did. I went in to each shop with a pen & paper, went through their nutes and wrote down the N-P-K values for each one (most of them have them on the label somewhere), then go home and study them to see which is best. I did get some funny looks mind you.

There were a couple in Homebase that looked like they might be OK, I think they were the tomato plant feed ones. However, as it was my first grow I really didn't want to balls it all up using the wrong stuff so went with the Ionic ones instead.

Is it a cost issue for you, or don't you want to order online?

What area are you in? I'm in South Essex and there's a hydro shop near me that I've found sells the Ionic stuff. Like I say, its £7 for 1 litre of each for the Ionic, and at 1.5 ml per feed its going to last me for years!!!