Amazon vs Ebay vs Craigslist vs pawn shop

Discussion in 'General' started by Jnug, May 26, 2011.

1. I have some stuff I want to sell. A pretty nice camera, Armani sunglasses, and a watch, I want to get rid of most. I don't have an Ebay account but I thought I'd put it as an option any way. Which do you think would be the best option to sell these items? What option would be easiest? Which would I get most money out of?

Thanks GC, I have no experience with selling things so I could use some advice.

2. What kind of camera? I'm kinda close, if the price is right / it's good enough maybe I'll get it.

3. #3 Misc, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    best option would be ebay, you'd probably make more money but you have to sign up, ship, etc..

easiest would be craigslist, since u just post an ad and wait for people to email you. (make sure u sell one item at a time, or else shit gets crazy) make sure to follow craigslist etiquette, i.e., don't tell strangers to meet you at your house, don't accept paypal, don't ship, sell locally in a public place for cash. there is no seller protection, so be careful

fuck pawn shops, less money than either method but if ur in a bind to sell that shit quick, then i guess it'd be the better option

look up current retail prices, offer 20-30% off

4. It's a Canon powershot SD630. Always worked well for me it's basically untouched though since I never use a camera.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ENPDSW?ld=direct-link]Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD630 6MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom: Camera & Photo[/ame]

5. This guy pretty much covered it. I've sold stuff on all three and all of them are pretty simple and easy to use; I've sold games on Amazon and cars on both Craigslist and Ebay, with any of them you really can't go wrong. I'd avoid pawnshops, they'll give you fuck all for your stuff.

6. Thanks guys! I think I'll probably go with Amazon just because I've never had any issues buying from it

7. I say craigslist. Pawn shops will rip you off

8. I sell stuff on Amazon all the time and I've never had a problem with it.