fear and loathing in las vegas VS. where the buffalo roam

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PeacefulStoner, May 24, 2011.

1. fear and loathing in las vegas VS. where the buffalo roam

Which one do you think is better? :smoke:

2. um obviously fear and loathing hands down like 6 ways to sunday

firstly fear and loathing won awards, has brilliant directing and editing techniques, did more research, and was actually based on one of hunter's books, vs a loose nod to various biographies.

johnny depp lived in thompsons fucking basement for a year or more, wore his clothes, and imitated him until he had it down so good it freaked out hunter

hunter thompson is actually in fear and loathing.

it's cooler, better, funnier, better written, better directed, and rewatchable

vs a veritable piece of shit. try showing where the buffalo roam to someone who isn't familiar with hunter thompson

how is this even a question?

Edit: there is no question in my mind, anyway.
    that being said i absolutely LOVE bill murray

3. They're both classics in my mind

4. Both classics this is true.....but Fear and Loathing takes the cake every time

5. Fear and Loathing because it's so chaotic and the atmosphere matches the book better.

In Where the Buffalo Roam it looks like they actually tried to make a coherent story but it doesn't work because the book isn't like that.

6. the first time i watched fear and loathing i had no idea it was based on a real guy and i still loved it... the second time it was so much better knowing all thats based on a real guy haha