First Outdoor Grow 2011 - Nor Cal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Spam and Eggs, May 21, 2011.

1. Some strains will show sooner. Pre flowers are key indicators. This bad weather popped pistils on several of my plants, as well as fellow growers.

2. girls are looking nice, good to see they made it through the rough weather!
    That skunk #1 / grape ape sure is full of mystery huh?

I think you should follow imaB's advice, from just looking at that plant it could turn out either way.

3. #43 Spam and Eggs, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    I'm going to start a clone outdoors in a 3 gal pot just in case, I can't stand the thought of losing a plant to being male. Thanks for the replies.

4. Hooray for sun! Today was sunny and bright, the plants are eating it up :)

I took a cutting from the suspected male plant and am placing it directly into my flowering box to see the sex. I'll keep everyone updated.

5. Sounds like these girls are keeping you busier than a full time job and 1 guy is hassling you.

6. I like your cutting technique for early sexing. Any strains you'd like to keep around? Clone em while ur at it.

7. Yea I took a cutting from my purple diesel a few days ago, and I'll most likely take a cutting from the blue dream once my side projects finish up. Currently germinating 8 seeds that are either grape ape-satori mix, or skunk#1, still won't know until the clone shows its sex haha.

8. #48 Spam and Eggs, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    I am REALLY excited right now, and I'd like to share some of it with you all here. I finally got a job today, and am feeling high, without the help of weed. The job is at a medical cannabis co-op which only adds to the excitement. Thanks for listening to my ramble.

Here's the place I'll be working:

Edit: removed for privacy, thanks Buzz.

9. I'm Norcal myself (San Jose). I vegged my plants inside until they were about two feet tall after topping 4 times each. I moved them outside in the middle of may and they got huge fast. However, now they are flowering and I don't know what to do? Anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid they will revert to veg and ruin my entire crop (8 plants). This is my first outdoor grow so I'm scared. I expected them to finish in September. Anyone know for sure what will happen?

10. they will revert to vegging if you leave them outside, that's not a bad thing, in fact it's good since they will get bigger and yield more in the fall.

11. Greetings neighbor, GL on your grow season. :D

12. Thanks budlover1234!

13. Congrats on the job. If you wish to divulge some deets; what's the pay at a club, company perks?

14. #55 BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011

Hey Spam :wave: Congratz on the new job!

Good luck on your grow :smoke:

15. #56 Spam and Eggs, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    Thanks BuzzLightOne and ImaB!

pay is $10 hour, nothing like my previous job, but it gets me out of the house. The perks are nice, free gym membership, lots of opportunities to make money on the side from trimming or rolling joints etc. There's also spiffs and drawings for random cool stuff occasionally. I'll know more once I actually start.

16. I live in San Jose. Mine started to flower also and I'm all freaked out about it. Mine were grown and topped 4 times each inside and were around 2 feet tall when I moved them outside in middle of May. They grew like crazy, then we had all this crappy weather, which they came through with flying colors because they were already very very sturdy. However, without a doubt, my OG Kushes are flowering, as are my black jack and snow whites. I've got my fingers crossed it's going to be okay. The bushes are about 3 1/2 feet tall now and look amazing. I can no longer get my arms around them although I hug them every day and tell them how much I love them :) I also took clones of each of my 8 plants and they are already super bushy and 1 foot high. I just topped them again.

I've grown a couple cycles indoors with good lights etc. but holy crap, there is nothing like outdoors!

17. Just did a little digging (pun intended) and found out Grow Big and Tiger bloom aren't organic. It's my own fault for not doing more research before buying, but my grow is not going to be organic unfortunately. I'll have pics later today or tomorrow, my girlfriend broke the camera.

18. Would love to see a photo update of these plants! loving this grow

19. sorry for the lack of photos recently, I'm still working out a solution to my broken camera. I will get a new one soon.