Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can someone explain me the benefits of a grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb7894, May 20, 2011.

1. I'm looking to order one online... It would be delivered to my friends house, not mine.... But I keep hearing this thing about the "Kief catcher". Now I know that Kief is the THC crystals on good bud. But, how does the device work? I've never really seen one. Also, is it more beneficial to smoke grinded up bud instead of just breaking off small nugs and putting it in a pipe?

2. grinders are nice because they grind bud onto a screen which lets the kief fall through into a dish in the bottom of the grinder. makes rolling a bit easier because the bud is pretty uniform and you don't end up with sticky fingers. some people prefer to use one, others swear by their fingers. it's up to you:smoke:

3. yes it is better grinded up and the keif catcher is just a screen in the bottom of the grinder and it collects in another compartment. it's good but i would rather have a regular grinder and a keif box.

4. I heard aluminum grinders grind aluminum dust into your weed. I dont know how accurate that is, maybe someone knows?

5. #5 Slurms McKenzie, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Maybe some cheap ones, but unless the grinde is flaking aluminum when bought idk how (non heated) stash can make the covering chip
    Other than making easier to roll, it makes a good even grind for a bowl, I like them better nicely grinded

Personally I rather give them a good chop with some scissors I'll just buy keif or oils

6. You can use scissors really, if you can get into the groove of quickly cutting it. It doesn't take any time, but a grinder really is nice for collecting the crystal and producing a nice bust real quick.

7. Grinders help a lot. I got one early on because I was buying reggie and when it comes bricked, you can still toss it into a grinder, give it a few turns, and it'll turn out nice and uniform. It won't raise the quality of your weed, but it'll make it a hell of a lot easier to smoke.

I've recently upgraded because I'm not smoking some more dank bud, and it's really useful to have the kief catcher.

Basically, if you still don't understand, you put your weed into the grinder with between the teeth. When it gets ground down enough, it falls through holes in the first chamber and into a second chamber. The bottom of the second chamber is a very thin screen where all your bud will lie that you just ground up, and anything small enough (kief) falls through that thin screen into your bottom chamber. The bottom chamber is where all your kief collects and from there you can do whatever you want with it.

They're really fucking useful. If you can afford to buy one, do it. They're an excellent luxury. Most people I know that use scissors or their fingers don't do it out of convenience, they do it because they don't have a grinder.

I bought a sharpstone that's been working really well for me for the last three months. I picked sharpstone because a buddy of mine has had his for going on three years now.