Anyone else have an aquarium?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by megamax42, May 13, 2011.

1. aquariums are sick. my bro has one wit african siclets or w/e . and a bunch of extoic types. its chill to smoke and watch it. better than tv.

i remember one time i had a really nice acid trip when i was kickin it there wit the fishes =P . and i was communicating with the cat too

2. Wow very nice tank any idea what kind of dart frogs you want

3. Sweeeeet. looks expensive though. I guess you could build it yourself

4. Thank you.
    No I haven't looked into it yet. I've just looked at pictures and I think they all look awesome.

5. If you want PDFs check this site out Dendroboard.com real chill people just don't ask about mixing frogs or hybrids

6. I made an account on that forum once to ask if the frogs' calls would wake me up at night. :D

7. #27 megamax42, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    That would be sweet, an in-wall reef would be the shit.

I'm moving to a different apartment this summer and the tank will be moving from my bedroom to the living room. Right now its next to a desk which gives an awesome smoking spot so when I move I think I'm gonna try to build a stand that will have a 10" lip of counter space sticking out and wrapping around the bottom of the tank. The goal is to make it kind of like a bar so I can set bongs and stuff on it and be eye level with the tank.

If I won the lottery...
    [​IMG]

8. here's a vid of the reef tank
    [​IMG]

9. Beautiful tank man! How much live rock do you have in there?

10. A few hundred lbs

11. Thats pretty insane, keep us updated with those pictures, that bonus room sounds so chill.

If it didn't have to be a solitary fish, with a big tank, live food and reinforced glass I would for sure get a mantis shrimp.

Fastest punch in the world
    The mantis shrimp – the world’s fastest punch « Not Exactly Rocket Science
    Best eyesight in the animal kingdom, including us.
    Eyesight of Mantis Shrimp Best in Animal Kingdom: Research Reveals a Baffling Fact About the Capabilities of Shrimps | Suite101.com

The coloring on them is crazy too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezRCQZgVEec&feature=related]YouTube - Mantis Shrimp Striking Glass (First Person View)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ahuZEvWH8&feature=related]YouTube - Mantis Shrimp Destroys Clam[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalmNOYN9Xo&feature=related]YouTube - Peacock Mantis Shrimp vs. Emerald Crab #7[/ame]

12. Does anyone know how much more expensive a marine aquarium is?
    I'd like to try my hand at one, but I want very good equipment for it in order to reduce maintenance. That's what I've done with all my previous aquariums, spend a ton of money to buy the best equipment I can find. I can leave the fishtank I currently have alone for months and it will still look good, just slightly overgrown.
    Does a marine aquarium require more maintenance?

13. ^^ that thing is crazy haha i want one. My favorite salt water fish/animal is the lion fish. beautiful fish
    [​IMG]

14. This sounds cool as fuck, I totally want one of these but for now I have better use for my money. Not putting them down theyre cool as fuck and i'll forsure get one in the future, but now I'd probly be too lazy to take care of it anyways.

15. anyone have/had a bamboo shrimp? they're very cool. i had one, but it died about a week after i got it...not sure why. there was plenty to eat, plenty of current, i even added extra plants so he could chill by the filter. here's a vid of a bamboo shrimp though

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnxbXrVtJ3I]YouTube - Bamboo Shrimp[/ame]

16. You have to realize it take a bit of maintenance too. If you think you're gonna slack off with the maintenance, don't get one because you'll have spent money on a smelly glass box filled with nasty algea.

17. #38 megamax42, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    From what I've read they're quite a bit more maintenance. If you have live corals and anemones you need to feed them fairly often. You need to monitor salinity because evaporation and replacement water will effect it. Everything is more expensive, I think pH and hardness levels might be more important in marine aquariums too. But they have all the awesome fish :mad:. It get's a lot more affordable if you search on craigslist for 'aquarium' or fish tank' though

Agreed, I'd be nervous sticking my hand in there for maintenance though with those venomous spines lol.

18. Seeing all the pics makes me miss my aquariums so bad. Had quit a few for about 10 years and finally got tired of cleaning them. I miss the upside down catfish a lot. They were crazy as hell to watch. Very nice pics everyone.

19. haha this one store by my house always has a tank with like 30 of those in it. first time i saw it i thought all the fish were dead lol