Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dense bud vs fluffy bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pimpinatatl1, May 10, 2011.

1. So i was thinking. With fluffy bud u get more surface area probably meaning you get more thc right? of does dense bud have the same amount of thc. i know percentages might be the same but what do you get more with. Ive noticed for me that fluffy bud lasts longer. Maybe im going crazy. Becuase the density for every bud cant be the same. So whts the better deal fluffy bud or dense bud?

2. Doesn't matter, 1g still weighs 1g.

It's just the difference between a form that's more loose versus one that's tighter. And it can vary upon different genetics, growing conditions, drying/curing, etc.

It's all in your head.

3. Which one is dank and am i gettin the same amount?

4. Well man, I couldn't tell you which has more thc, or if one even does. However, you gotta figure that if you got some dense bud, and some fluffy bud, theyre probably different strains or ones grown better in the least. So that could be why one lasts longer for you. :smoke:

5. Man that's tough, I mean I love me some fluff, but dense is straight dust. I picked fluff though

OH i thought this was about personal preference, yeah it doesn't matter man it's all bud in the end, fluffy or dense

6. Depends on what you mean by fluffy. If you mean fluffy the way I'm hoping, and also thinking of it as... Then I prefer fluffy. Dense doesn't mean anything really, the fluffier strains are nice, I prefer breaking buds up by hand... The bud I have right now falls apart, but it is amazing!

Dense buds are still nice though...

The thing is even different plant strains have different densities, among other growing condition factors. Dense bud isn't necessarily better though.

If you meant fluffy as in airy though, then I'll take some dense ones instead please. :cool:

7. i prefer dense buds myself burns way slower and if i'm smokin with friends dense bud is GREAT ....alot of the sativa i get is very light and very fluffy and burns very fast...not that i don't like fluffy bud i just keep that as personal as if i was to pack a bowl with that with 2-3 friends i'd prolly only get to hit i once....but that's mostly due tp the fact most my friends smoke mids and are use to torching there shiz.

8. Correct me if I'm wrong, but genetically speaking, I'm pretty sure dense buds tend to lean toward Indica strains and the fluffier nuggs are usually Sativa, so chemical composition could definitely vary. If they're dank, I like 'em both :smoke:

9. Like PostPavilion said..is probably more relative to genetics and growing conditions but weight is weight regardless..I'm not sure if you could say one is 'better' than the other..

Lets say for a grow, you'd want your buds more dense vs. less dense..more weight vs. less weight, but purchasing doesn't matter as much. If the bud is fluffier and lighter then you'll just get more quantity. I'd be focusing more on apparent quality and effect..smell, appearance, etc.

If the fluffy stuff gets you 'feeling better' then go with that..there are definitely certain 'types' of bud or characteristics that I prefer and seek out first when available. :smoke::smoke:

10. correct sir